2009 Frankfurt: Lewis Hamilton helps unveil the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
– Key Competitors: McLaren MP4-12C, Aston Martin DBS, Lamborghini Gallardo LP550-2 Valentino Balboni
– Engine: 6.3L V8 producing 571-hp at 6,800 rpm, 479 lb-ft of torque at 4,750 rpm.
– Transmission: AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sports with steering-wheel mounted paddle-shifters.
– Performance: 0 to 62 mph in 3.8 seconds; Top speed of 197 mph.
– Pricing/Availability: 177,310 euros ($170,980 USD). Goes on sale in spring 2010 in Europe.
Usually when Ferrari unveils a new car, it invites out Michael Schumacher to the revealing. Mercedes-Benz pulled something similar during the launch of the new SLS AMG by inviting out Lewis Hamilton.
Check out the high-res gallery after the jump.
2009 Frankfurt: 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG:
2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG:
– By: Omar Rana