– Key Competitors: Nissan Leaf, Chevrolet Volt, upcoming Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid.
– Power: 80-hp electric motor with 155 lb-ft of torque.
– Performance: 0 to 62 in 11.3 seconds; 0 to 31 mph in 3.5 seconds.
– Total Range: 80 miles on a full charge. Battery takes up to 5 hours to fully recharge.
– Production Possibility: Will be on the market in 2013.
Seen earlier last night, Volkswagen took the covers off of the latest addition to its New Small Family concepts – the Volkswagen E-Up!. The 3+1 compact car will hit markets in 2013. Regional availability will be announced closer to launch date.
The 80-hp electric motor is supplied power by a lithium-ion battery back that takes 5 hours to fully recharge. 80 percent charge can be reached within an hour.
Follow through for the high-res image gallery.
2009 Frankfurt: Volkswagen E-Up! Concept:
Volkswagen E-Up! Concept:
– By: Kap Shah