– Key Competitors: Lexus RX 450h, the upcoming Porsche Cayenne Hybrid.
– Engine: 4.4L twin-turbocharged V8 mated to a hybrid system with two electric motors. Total output of 480-hp/575 lb-ft of torque.
– Transmission: 7-speed automatic.
– Performance: 0 to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds with a top speed of 130 mph.
– Fuel-Economy: 20 percent better than the base X6 models; runs exclusively on electric-power when traveling at speeds of up to 37 mph.
The 2010 BMW ActiveHybrid X6 made its public debut in Frankfurt today. It will go on sale in the U.S. in mid-2010.
Power for the BMW ActiveHybrid X6 comes from a retuned version of the xDrive50i”s 4.4L twin-turbocharged V8 making 400-hp and a maximum torque of 450 lb-ft. Combined with the hybrid system, which consists of two powerful electric-motors, the ActiveHybrid X6 makes a total of 480-hp and 575 lb-ft of torque. Even though it’s a hybrid, the ActiveHybrid X6 is pretty impressive when its come to performance, going from 0 to 60 mph in 5.4 seconds with a top speed of 130 mph. Fuel-economy is increased by 20 percent.
Make the leap for the high-res image gallery.
2009 Frankfurt: 2010 BMW ActiveHybrid X6:
2010 BMW ActiveHybrid X6:
– By: Kap Shah