Hennessey Performance Engineering has introduced its new 705-hp Z700 upgrade package for the 2010 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 for those that believe that “too much horsepower is never enough.”
The Z700 performance package carries an upgraded engine supercharger, exhaust and an air induction systems. Other performance enhancing upgrades include lightweight carbon fiber wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires, Z-Aero carbon fiber front splitter, canards and a rear spoiler adding 300 lbs of additional downforce. 0 to 60 mph comes in just 2.9 seconds.
HPE said that it will be testing the Z700 on the Nurburgring in late 2009. It will produce just 24 copies of the Z700 Corvette ZR1 for the 2010 model year. Those who purchase the package will also get 1-day of performance driving instruction in their new Z700 at Hennessey’s own private test track.
If 705-hp isn’t enough for you, Hennessey also offers a 755-hp Z750 upgrade package and a 1000-hp Z1000 upgrade package with twin-turbos.
Make the leap for the press release.
2010 Hennessey Z700 Corvette ZR1:
Announces Limited Edition 705 hp Z700
Nurburgring-Tested Track Upgrade for the 2010 Corvette ZR1
SEALY, TX – The world’s fastest and most powerful production Corvette, the 638 bhp ZR1 has become the pinnacle of American sports cars. For most ZR1 owners, having a car capable of Nurburgring times of 7:26 is more than enough to satisfy performance to satisfy their need for speed. However, for the select few who subscribe to the mantra of “Too much horsepower is never enough” Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) has something special in store for them in 2010. HPE is happy to introduce the company’s 705 bhp Z700 upgrade package for the 2010 ZR1.
Porsche 911 owners wanting the ubber Porsche can order the GT3 RS. Dodge Viper enthusiasts wanting the ultimate road race Viper have the ACR. Now ZR1 owners can opt for the Hennessey Z700 upgrade for their Corvettes.
Hennessey’s Z700 performance package starts by upgrading the engine supercharger, exhaust and air induction systems and is dyno tuned to 705 bhp. But this is just the beginning. Additional upgrades include lightweight carbon fiber wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires, which reduce rotating weight by nearly 60 lbs. Hennessey’s Z-Aero TM carbon fiber front splitter, canards and rear spoiler also add over 300 lbs of down force helping to put the added power to the road and track. Rounding out the Z700 upgrade package is a revised interior with lightweight carbon fiber seats, Alcantara steering wheel and shift knob.
HPE will be throwing its hat in the Ring – literally – and plans to begin testing the Z700 at the famed Nurburgring in Germany later in 2009. The company plans to build just 24 copies of this limited edition Corvette ZR1 for the 2010 model year. Each buyer gets 1-day of performance driving instruction in his or her new Z700 at Hennessey’s own private test track, Lonestar Motorsports Park. Lonestar, which is located next to the company’s facility, is located just west of Houston, Texas and has a full ¼ mile dragstrip as well as a 1.1-mile road course, which will soon be under construction.
2010 Hennessey Z700 – Corvette ZR1 Specifications
* 705 hp @ 6,400 rpm
* 717 lb-ft Torque @ 3,200 rpm
* 0 – 60 mph: 2.9 seconds
* 0 – 100 mph: 6.4 seconds
* ¼ mile: 10.6 @ 134 mph
* Skid pad: 1.08 lateral G
Note: HPE VBox preliminary test data.
Z700 Package Includes:
* Supercharger Modifications (15 psi boost)
* Intercooler System Upgrade
* Air Induction System Upgrade
* Stainless Steel Exhaust Upgrades
* Hennessey Light Weight Carbon Fiber Wheels
* Front: 19 x 10.5 inches; Rear: 19 x 12.5 inches
* Michelin Pilot Sport Cup
* Front: 265/35-YR19; Rear: 325/35-YR19
* Sparco Carbon Fiber Seats in Alcantara (Driver & Passenger)
* 5-Point Harnesses with Harness Bar
* Alcantara Steering wheel & Shift Knob
* Lowered Factory Suspension
* Corner Weighted with 4-wheel Alignment
* Z-Aero TM Carbon Fiber Body Parts: Front Splitter, Canards, Rear Spoiler, Vented Factory Hood, Vented Front Fenders
* Hennessey & ZR700 Interior & Exterior Badges
* Limited Edition Serial Numbered Plaque
* 1-Day Driving Instruction at Lonestar Motorsports Park
* 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
Total Cost Including New 2010 ZR1: $207,150 US Dollars
* Z750 – 755 bhp Upgrade
* Z1000 – 1,000 bhp Twin Turbo / Supercharged Upgrade
* Custom Exterior Colors
* Custom Interior Upgrades & Colors
* German Delivery – Nurburgring Delivery & Driving Instruction
– By: Stephen Calogera