When Jaguar introduced the XF sedan in the U.S. market it started by offering three different choices including a 300-hp base model, a 385 XF Premium model and now, the top-of-the-line 510-hp V8 XFR (recently upgraded). Well, that has left a sizable gap between the XF Premium and the XFR.
Jaguar has now announced that it is adding a fourth member to the XF lineup with the 2010 XF Supercharged. Power comes from an uprated version of the 5.0L supercharged AJ-V8 Gen III engine making 470-hp with a maximum torque of 424 lb-ft. 0 to 60 mph comes in just 4.9 seconds.
Pricing for the Jaguar XF lineup is as follows:
– 4.2L naturally aspirated XF (300 hp): $52,000 MSRP
– 5.0L naturally aspirated XF Premium (385 hp): $57,000 MSRP
– 5.0L supercharged XF Supercharged (470 hp): $68,000 MSRP
– 5.0L supercharged XFR (510 hp): $80,000 MSRP
Click through for the press release for more details.
2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged:
Jaguar Announces an All-New XF Supercharged Model for the North American Market
Jaguar today announced the introduction of the 2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged, the fourth and newest member of its acclaimed XF lineup. The vehicle, a mid-year release, is powered by a 470 hp version of the 5.0-liter supercharged AJ-V8 Gen III engine that debuted at this year’s Detroit Auto Show. The XF Supercharged will go on sale in October 2009, and will be priced starting at $68,000 MSRP.
“The Jaguar XF Supercharged will offer consumers a compelling luxury sedan choice with benchmark handling ability and truly memorable performance,” says Mike O’Driscoll, Managing Director, Jaguar Cars. “This new luxury performance XF Supercharged sedan builds on the tremendous momentum Jaguar has achieved by introducing beautiful fast cars such as the XK sports car, the XF and the XKR and XFR models.”
* 5.0-liter Supercharged AJ-V8 Gen III engine with 470hp (a 12% increase over the 4.2-liter 2009MY supercharged XF) and 424 lb/ft of torque
* 0-60 mph time of 4.9 seconds
* Adaptive Dynamics (the latest in computer controlled continuously variable damping) and Active Differential Control (electronically controlled rear differential) are standard
* Upgraded ventilated disc brakes
* Interior features include: contrast color twin needle stitching on the instrument panel and door top rolls, Jaguar Suedecloth Premium headlining, Rich Oak veneer (unique to XF Supercharged only), 440W Bowers & Wilkins surround sound system, HD radio, and heated steering wheel
Exterior features include: unique 20″ five triple-spoke Selena-style alloy wheels, “Supercharged” badging on rear trunk lid, quad polished exhaust tailpipes, and silver-gray painted brake calipers.