Another day and another award for the new 2009 Ford F-150. This time Kelly Blue Book has awarded the new F-150 the winner of the 2009 Brand Image Award for the “Most Rugged Truck Brand.”
The 2009 Brand Image Awards are based on data collected from more than 12,000 shoppers on kbb.com that are in the market for a new vehicle. Ford will be putting KBB’s 2009 Brand Image Award on the shelf right next to the 2009 North American Truck of the Year, 2009 Motor Trend Truck of the Year and “Truck of Texas” by the Texas Auto Writers.
“We have more trucks on the road with 250,000 miles or more than any other manufacturer,” said Doug Scott, Ford Truck Marketing manager. “That”s one of the proof points of Built Ford Tough, and it certainly speaks to the ruggedness, durability and quality of the vehicle”
While delivering more horsepower and fuel-economy the Ford F-150 has a class-leading towing capability of 11,300 pounds and hauling capacity of 3,031 pounds.
2009 Ford F-150:
The 2009 Ford F-150 has also earned the following honors and awards:
– 2009 North American Truck of the Year
– America”s safest full-size pickup with 5-star frontal and 5-star side-impact crash-test ratings, the highest possible scores, in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) tests.
– Motor Trend 2009 Truck of the Year Award™
– Top honors as “Truck of Texas” as well as “Best Luxury Pickup” for the 2009 F-150 King Ranch from Texas Auto Writers Association
– Finalist 2009 North American Truck of the Year (with 2009 Ford Flex for Car of the Year)
– Playboy”s 2009 Best Pickup
– 2009 Best Redesigned Vehicle from Kelley Blue Book”s kbb.com
– “Best Overall Half-Ton Pickup” from PickupTrucks.com
– “Automotive Excellence” award in the Workhorse Category from Popular Mechanics
– Detroit Free Press Truck of the Year
– Detroit News Truck of the Year
– “Top Safety Pick” from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for its standard safety technology: Safety Canopy side curtain air bags and AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
– “Residual Value” award from Automotive Leasing Guide (ALG) for retaining the highest percentage of its original price among 2009 full-size light duty pickups at the end of a conventional three-year lease, based on ALG projections
– Motor Trend’s Truck Trend Top 5 Trucks from Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) for 2009 Ford F-150 Heavy Duty DeWalt Contractor Concept
– “Accessory-Friendly Truck” Design Award from SEMA
– F-Series is best selling vehicle in America for 27 consecutive years; best-selling truck for 32 consecutive years
– By: Omar Rana