Nissan won’t be attending the 2009 Detroit Auto Show, but prior to the press days Nissan will unveil the new Nissan GT-R Spec-V and thanks to GTRBlog, we have all the specs on the new lighter, faster and more powerful Spec-V model.
Nissan is expected to make only 10 units a month of the special-edition model with prices starting at 15,000,000 yen ($153,625 USD). The new Nissan GT-Spec V will make its official debut on January 8th, 2009 with the following changes:
– Engine output increased to 520-hp.
– Transmission mode selection button has been removed.
– Overboost button for increased midrange boost during overtaking.
– Carbon brakes.
– Carbon fibre MFD surround
– Carbon fibre mirror switch surround
– Black interior only
– Silver painted panels are now chrome
– Carbon fibre front seats
– Carbon fibre rear shelf replaces seats
– Carbon fibre grille painted matte clear
– Carbon fibre rear wing painted matte clear
– Carbon fibre ducts in front lip spoiler
– New colour available: Ultimate Black Pearl, this is said to be a purplish black
– Available colours: Ultimate Black Pearl, Brilliant White (new for MY09), Red, Dark Metal Gray, Black
Wheels and Suspension:
– Rays 20″³ Forged Aluminum Wheels
– Bilstein Damptronic suspension upgraded, superiour in performance to the Nismo ClubSport package suspension
– Dunlop Tires (no cost option)
– Thatcham alarm system
– BOSE Sound System and ETC (Electronic Toll Card system)
– Ultimate Black Pearl Paint – a 577,500 yen option