Litchfield has taken the wraps off its new Subaru Impreza STI Type-20 and has announced that customers interested in getting the most out of the 2.0L engine can order theirs today. It’s basically the meanest and fastest Subaru Impreza STI you will ever meet.
This isn’t the first time Litchfield has gotten their hands on a Subaru Impreza STI. The predecessor of the Type-20, the Type-25 (check out the Fifth Gear video after the jump), was nothing short of impressive with a 0 to 60 mph time of 3.8 seconds. The new Subaru Impreza STI Type-20 is the brainchild of company owner Ian Litchfield who wanted to extract every bit of power from the 2.0L turbocharged engine. The Type-20 makes a total of 395-hp with a maximum torque of 375 lb-ft. That allows for a 0 to 60 mph time of 3.9 seconds with a top speed of 165 mph. Litchfield has added 365mm Alcon 6-Pot brakes to insure you have all the stopping power you’ll need.
Litchfield says that the Subaru Impreza STI Type-20 comes with a 3-year comprehensive warranty. Pricing starts at £36,995 ($55,313 USD).
Click through for more pictures and the full spec-sheet.
Litchfield Subaru Impreza STI Type-20:
The Type-20 will have the following specification:
– 2008 JDM Subaru Impreza STI
– 400 PS @ 7,500 Rpm / 375lbft @ 3,500rpm
– 2.0 Litre EJ207 Engine with Dual Variable Valve Timing
– New Type-20 Twinscroll turbo with Zircotec ceramic coating
– Type-20 Turbo heat shield
– Litchfield cold air induction system with high flow filter
– Litchfield reprogrammed ECU with enhanced Economy mode
– Milltek 3″ Exhaust system with 100 cell Hi-Flow Sports Catalytic converter (saves 20kg).
– Japanese STI quicker 13.1 Steering Rack
– Revised chassis bushes and up rated anti roll bar
– Increased Castor angle and wheel base
– Re-valved power steering system with increased feel and weight
– AST 12-Way adjustable suspension allowing lower ride height (-35mm over standard)
– STI front lip spoiler
– Litchfield front strut brace
– 18×8.5 Lightweight Rota alloy wheels
– High performance 245/40/18 Dunlop SP600 tyres
– 365mm Alcon Brake kit
– Engine Start button
– Red Maserati style tail light option
– Revised STI front grille