Dodge today introduced the new 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram 1500, a model that will only be sold in Texas. Honestly, we think it’s a great move on Chrysler’s part to cater to a state-specific special-edition truck – especially in a state where trucks are never in low-demand.
The 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram is based on a Ram Crew 1500 SLT in either two or four-wheel-drive. Power comes from a 5.7L HEMI V8 that produces 390-hp and a torque of 407 lb-ft.
For $2,810, Texans can get the Lone Star package which offers special equipment such as chromed 4-inch dual exhausts, 20-inch silver wheels, chromed grille surround with chromed billets, quad headlamps and fog lamps, leather steering and Lone Star badging.
Click through for the press release.
2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram 1500:
Dodge Doesn”t Mess With Texas; Introduces All-new 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram
– 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram 1500 provides new level of exclusivity with premium exterior and interior treatments
– Available beginning this month in Texas only
– MSRP for the Lone Star package is $2,810, which includes special equipment and 5.7-liter HEMI® engine
Dallas, Sep 25, 2008 – At the State Fair of Texas today, Dodge will introduce the all-new 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram 1500, a Texas-exclusive model in the 2009 Dodge Ram lineup. The new truck arrives this month with a truck-load of special equipment and enhancements.
“Texas is the single largest truck market on the planet for Dodge,” said Mike Accavitti, Director ““ Dodge Division, Chrysler LLC. “Texans love their trucks, and Dodge gives them more to love with a special edition of our game-changing 2009 Dodge Ram ““ already the best pickup available anywhere. With the Dodge Ram Lone Star, Texans get style, performance, utility and even more value.”
The all-new 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram begins as a Ram Crew 1500 SLT model in either two-wheel drive or four-wheel drive, with more than 35 new or improved features when compared to the previous light-duty Dodge Ram. These features include:
– Dodge Ram”s first-ever crew-cab size model
– First-in-segment coil-spring, five-link rear suspension fitted to a solid rear axle provides the required towing and payload capability, with ride and handling unexpected in a pickup truck
– New 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 provides more horsepower (390 hp) and torque (407 lb.-ft.), with increased fuel economy (20 mpg on the 4×2 model)
– Best-in-class aerodynamics ““ under .40 Cd ““ help improve fuel economy and performance
– First-in-segment, RamBox™ cargo management system that includes versatile, weatherproof, lockable, illuminated, drainable storage bins; pickup bed dividers; 2-foot bed extender; and cargo rail system with sliding, adjustable cleats
– First-in-segment, factory-installed 4-inch dual exhaust styled dramatically into the rear bumper
– First-in-segment store-in-the-floor bins
– Nearly twice as many storage bins (42) than the previous model (26)
– Standard front and rear side-curtain air bags, four-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) and Electronic Stability Program (ESP)
– Significantly upgraded interiors
The all-new 2009 Lone Star Edition package includes the new 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 mated to a five-speed automatic transmission, chromed 4-inch dual exhaust radiused into the rear bumper, 20-inch painted silver wheels (20-inch chromed wheels are available), chromed grille surround with chromed billets, quad headlamps and fog lamps. In addition, a lighting group includes leather-wrapped steering wheel with integrated audio controls, signal- and puddle-lamp exterior mirrors, interior mirror with auto-dim feature, overhead console, illuminated visor vanity, ash-tray lamp, lighted glove box, and underhood and dome lamps. Topping off the package is unique Lone Star badging on the tailgate.
MSRP for the Lone Star equipment is $1,500. All 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Rams must also be equipped with the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8. This $1,310 option, added to the $1,500 equipment price, brings the total price of the Lone Star package to $2,810. (If the package components were priced individually, the value would be $3,560.)
The all-new 2009 Lone Star Edition Dodge Ram is built at the St. Louis North Assembly Plant in Fenton, Mo., and the Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Warren, Mich.