Chevrolet has announced the pricing for it’s Lambda based crossover, the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse. Ready to go on sale this fall, the 2009 Traverse will start at $28,990 for the 2WD LS entry level mode. It will be offered in three trims including LS, LT and LTZ with both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations.
The Chevrolet Traverse is a little better than its other Lambda siblings including the Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia and the Saturn Outlook. Power comes from a 3.6 liter direct injection V6 capable of 288 horsepower (18 more than other Lambda SUVs) and 270 lb-ft of torque (22 more than other Lambda SUVs). Click here to learn more.
The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse has seating for up to eight adults with a Second-row Smart Slide seat feature. The rear-passengers get their own second-row control for their rear entertainment while the driver can mess around with the OnStar Turn-by-Turn Navigation and Direction Download navigation system, XM Satellite Radio including NavTraffic real-time traffic feature and Bluetooth.
Click through for more images and the press release.
2009 Chevrolet Traverse:
Chevrolet Announces Pricing For The 2009 Traverse
DETROIT ““ Chevrolet announced the 2009 Traverse crossover will carry a MSRP of $28,990, including a $735 destination charge, for the 2WD LS model. It goes on sale this fall.
“With its great styling, leading fuel economy and comprehensive roster of equipment, the Traverse is a great expression of Chevrolet value,” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager.
The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse is an expressively styled, well-equipped crossover that delivers people-hauling and cargo-carrying capability typically found in larger SUVs. It is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, in both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations. Product highlights include:
– Expressive styling inspired by the 2008 Malibu
– Optimized aerodynamics that enhance fuel economy and reduce wind noise
– Four-wheel independent suspension system
– StabiliTrak electronic stability control system
– Family of 17-, 18- and 20-inch wheels
– Seating for up to eight adults
– Second-row Smart Slide seat feature, for easy access to the third-row seats
– Rear-seat entertainment system with second-row controls
– Six standard air bags, including side curtain air bags that deploy over all three seating rows
– OnStar with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and Direction Download and eNav (with navigation system)
– XM Satellite Radio including NavTraffic real-time traffic feature (with navigation system)
– Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity
Traverse is powered by a 3.6L engine with direct injection technology that helps produce power similar to many V-8 engines, but delivers better-than-expected fuel economy and a 25-percent reduction in cold-start emissions. The 3.6L engine is mated to the fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6T75 six-speed automatic transmission.