Seems like Edo Competition can’t get enough of tuning high-end performance cars. Yesterday, we brought you info on the new Edo Competition Enzo Ferrari and today the tuner has released details on its Maserati MC12.
Edo Competition has worked on the MC12 before bringing us a 755-hp MC12 Corsa, an 800-hp MC12 XX and a 700-hp MC12 R. This time, labeled just MC12, Edo Competition tuned the engine to produce 700-hp and peak torque of 527 lb-ft much like the MC12 R.
However weight was dropped by 100kg bringing in the same performance figures as the Edo Ferrari Enzo with a 0-62mph times of 3.5 seconds and a 0-124mph time of 9.5 seconds. Top speed is clocked in at 230mph.
Click through for the full list of modification and more pictures.
Edo Competition Maserati MC12:
– Engine V12
– Power est. 700 hp (514 kW) at 8200 rpm
– Max. torque est. 715 Nm (527 ft-lb) at 5800 rpm
– Top speed > 370 km/h (230 mph)
– 0 ““ 100 km/h (0 ““ 62 mph) est. 3.5s
– 0 ““ 200 km/h (0 ““ 124 mph) est. 9.5s
– 0 ““ 300 km/h (0 ““ 186 mph) est. 22.0s
– Power increase of 70 horsepower thanks to new exhaust headers like on the Ferrari FXX, highflow catalytic converter, performance muffler, modified intake system, new carbon fiber airbox like on the Maserati MC12 Corsa, high-flow air filters and ECU recalibration
– Stainless steel muffler with adjustable remote-controlled butterfly-valve, new exhaust tips
– Exhaust sound level adjustable at the push of a button
– High-performance ceramic composite brake system with 396 mm (15.6 in.) front rotors and 360 mm (14.2in.) rear rotors, special brake pads front and rear
– Wheels can be custom-painted on request
– Tire pressure monitoring system displaying air pressure and tire temperature for each wheel
– Makrolon headlight covers
– Appearance modifications, for example different exterior color
– Sport suspension for the road with adjustable compression and rebound damping like on the FIA GT MC12. Nose lift functionality is retained.
– Air intakes in carbon fiber
– Weight reduction of 100 kg (220 lb)!!
– Special lightweight wheels with Michelin tires: front: 10 x 19 with 265/35 ZR 19 and rear: 13 x 20 with 335/30 ZR 20
– New high-performance clutch. Extremely lightweight. Two different friction compounds selectable (strada/pista)
– New rear wing, adjustable
– New transmission control unit. Same shift times as on the Maserati MC12 Corsa
[tags]Cars, Car, Auto, Automobile, Vehicles, Technology, Auto News, News, Automotive, Maserati[/tags]