GM has revealed the new Pontiac Solstice SD-90 at the 2007 SEMA show here in Las Vegas. The Solstice SD-290 race concept that takes us back to the classic sports car design with its vintage design featuring a passenger cockpit tonneau cover and a driver windscreen.
The Pontiac Solstice SD-290 race concept is powered by a 2.0 liter, Ecotec direct-injection, turbocharged engine that produces a total of 290 horsepower. The engine is mated with a five-speed manual transmission. Other performance modifications include a Solo Performance cat-back exhaust system, a KW Automotive coil-over suspension package, and 3-piston aluminum calipers with 13-inch rotors from Stainless Steel Brake Company. The SD-290 rides on 19-inch wheels with Hoosier R6 racing tires.
Click through for the vehicles highlights and a gallery of live images.
Pontiac Solstice SD-290 Race Concept Gallery:
* Pontiac Solstice SD-290 race concept
* 2.0L Ecotec direct-injected and turbocharged generating 290 horsepower
* Five-speed manual transmission
* Weight reduction through installation of driver-side only windscreen and elimination of door glass/hardware, convertible top/hardware, HVAC system and wiper system
* Solo Performance cat-back exhaust system with center-mounted outlet
* KW Automotive coil-over suspension package
* Three-piston aluminum calipers with 13-inch rotors from Stainless Steel Brake Company
* Forged 19-inch wheels with Hoosier R6 racing tires
* New front fascia, grille inserts, hood and front fenders, leading to better aerodynamics
* Passenger-side hard tonneau cover
* Competition red exterior color
* Rear spoiler
* Tinted headlamp lenses
* Removable racing-style steering wheel
* Racing seat with four-point safety harness
* Chrome fire extinguisher
* Pegasus center console gauge package
* Driver’s roll bar
[tags]Cars, Car, Auto, Automobile, Vehicles, Technology, Auto News, News, Automotive, Pontiac, GM[/tags]