50 Cent has unveiled the new Pontiac G8 GT SEMA Edition at the 2007 SEMA Show today here in Las Vegas. The car is based on the Pontiac G8 that will hit dealerships in early 2008 as the first North American car built on GM’s new global rear-wheel-drive architecture.
The Pontiac G8 GT SEMA Edition is powered by a 6.0 liter V8 engine that produces a total of 361 horsepower and 381 lb-ft. of torque. The show car gets a custom orange exterior paint job, an orange-accented interior, enhanced brake package with drilled and slotted rotors, a lowered performance suspension package and 20-inch wheels with performance tires.
Click through for the gallery of live images and the press release.
Pontiac G8 GT SEMA Edition Gallery:
PONTIAC G8 GT SEMA EDITION
Designed for enthusiasts who are passionate about performance, the all-new Pontiac G8 performance sedan ““ arriving at dealerships in early 2008 ““ is the first North American application of GM’s new global rear-wheel-drive architecture. The V8-powered G8 GT SEMA Edition was displayed at the ’07 SEMA Show with a host of tuner-inspired custom touches, including a hot orange paint scheme with matching leather seat inserts, door panels and instrument panel pad.
Under the hood is the production 6.0L V-8, rated at 361 horsepower (268 kW) and 385 lb.-ft. of torque (520 Nm). A six-speed automatic transmission with Driver Shift Control backs the powerful small-block engine and complements a four-wheel independent suspension outfitted with unique 20-inch wheels and performance tires.
The G8 GT SEMA Edition car is equipped with production equipment that includes:
* Standard ABS and traction control augmented by high-performance HSV brakes
* Electronic stability control
* Seat-mounted thorax air bags and dual-stage frontal air bags for front passengers, with automatic passenger sensing system
* Roof rail side-impact air bags for both seating rows
* OnStar with available Turn-by-Turn navigation
* Power-adjustable front seats
* Fog lamps
* Quad polished stainless steel exhaust tips
* Rear lip spoiler
Augmenting the SEMA Edition is a series of modifications, including:
* Custom orange exterior paint
* Orange-accented interior components, including seat inserts, door panels and instrument panel pad
* Enhanced brake package with drilled and slotted rotors
* Lowered performance suspension package
* Twenty-inch wheels with performance tires
[tags]Cars, Car, Auto, Automobile, Vehicles, Technology, Auto News, News, Automotive, Pontiac[/tags]