Seems like every auto maker is offering hybrid variants to their lineups these days. Volkswagen just announced today that it is looking into offering hybrid options in all its models. That’s good news for you fuel-efficiency freaks and environment lovers right?
Sadly enough most auto makers are putting out hybrid trucks, SUVs and luxury sedans that aren’t much more fuel efficient than counterparts. Since the average gas mileage of hybrid models available in the U.S. is 33 miles per gallon (combined city and highway), Forbes decided to compile a list of Top 10 hybrids that get less than 33 miles per gallon. Toyota, who is well known for offering amazing hybrids, dominated the list with 4 cars. In fact, all of Lexus’ hybrids appear on the list.
Click through for the list of the Top 10 Least Fuel-Efficient Hybrids.
Top 10 Least Fuel-Efficient Hybrids:
10. 2007 GMC Sierra Classic Hybrid 4WD: 16mpg
9. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 15 Hybrid: 16mpg
8. 2008 Lexus LS 600h L: 21mpg
7. 2007 Lexus GS 450h: 23mpg
6. 2007 Saturn Vue Hybrid: 26mpg
5. 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid: 26mpg
4. 2007 Lexus RX 400h 4WD: 26mpg
3. 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid: 27mpg
2. 2008 Saturn Aura Hybrid: 27mpg
1. 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid: 27mpg
Top 10 Least Fuel-Efficient Hybrids Gallery:
[tags]Cars, Car, Auto, Automobile, Vehicles, Technology, Auto News, News, Automotive, Lexus, Hybrids, Toyota, Honda, Chevrolet[/tags]