Heading out to SEMA this year, and are you a fan of Ford?
Well, great news! Because Ford’s bringing some special concepts based on the latest and greatest Ford Explorer.
The concepts are basically various tuner renditions of the popular crossover SUV and consist of the Explorer Sport by Cars from Kris, dubbed Project Wanderlust; the All-Star Performance Explorer Sport Concept, the MAD Industries Explorer Sport, and the Explorer Sport by Goodguys Rod & Custom Association.
These are just some of the many ways one could deck out an Explorer Sport, according to your wants, needs and desires. For instance, the Goodguys Rod & Custom Association, Project Wanderlust and MAD Industries Explorer Sports are certainly geared towards the urban city-going crowd while the All-Star Performance Explorer Sport Concept is for those who like the outdoors and venture onto roads less traveled and paved.
For the details to see how each one is tricked out, check out the press release after the jump.
Two Popular Ford SUVs Storm SEMA with Wild Versions for Every Lifestyle
Award-winning builders take the 2016 Ford Explorer Sport and new 2015 Ford Edge Sport to new levels at SEMA this year. Ranging from brutish off-roaders to the ultimate street cruisers, the tricked-out #FordSEMA SUVs feature both posh interiors and head-turning exterior mods to capture imaginations.
Ford continues its unrivaled support of the SEMA show this year with the largest OEM stand and over 50 vehicles on display. A step beyond display vehicles, Ford Out Front also offers attendees a unique experience of watching or riding in one of our performance car or trucks on a closed course.
All Star Performance Ford Explorer Sport is Your Bronzed Adonis Ready for Any Adventure
The All Star Performance Explorer Sport concept is designed and built to be the ultimate road trip vehicle no matter the destination.
Exterior upgrades focused on providing additional “go anywhere” capability through a lift kit, LED lighting, meaty tires and a carrier basket. On the inside, a handful of audio / video components combined with a unique leather and suede seating setup make this Explorer as comfortable as possible for the trip ahead.
- MagnaFlow performance exhaust
- Vortech front mount intercooler
- Traxda 2.5” lift kit
Wheels & Tires
- ADV.1 Wheels ADV10R (20” x 11”)
- Toyo A/T II 305/50R20 tires
- Baer Brakes 6S caliper and upgraded rotor
- Axalta custom paint
- THULE Canyon carrier basket
- Wurton LED light bar (front and rear)
- Custom suede/leather upholstery
- Sony component speakers
- Sony amplifiers
- Optima battery
SEMA-Bound Ford Explorer, aka Project Wanderlust, Ready to Roam
This Ford Explorer Sport from Cars by Kris is designed to embody the spirit of “Wanderlust” – the desire to travel; to get out there and see the world. Wherever the open road may take you, this Explorer will be turning heads along the way with its brilliant orange paint scheme and aggressive carbon fiber exterior accents.
- Performance enhancements provided by Eco Power Parts
- PPE Engineering downpipes
- SCT tuner
- ECM tuning by Leading Edge Tuning
- CGS exhaust
- Reikken batteries
- Amsoil fluids
- Custom lowering springs
- Wilwood 15” brakes with Aerolite 6-piston calipers
Wheels & Tires
- Triumph Forged (24” x 11”) wheels designed by Cars by Kris
- Toyo Proxes STII 295/30ZR24 tires
- Axalta Refinish Burnt Orange Metallic paint
- Paint by LGE*CTS Motorsports, San Dimas, CA
- 56° NORD carbon fiber roof box
- Carbon fiber wide body fender flares by Rideskinz and Cars by Kris
- DinMann carbon fiber body cladding
- RetroShop LLC custom LED headlight build
- Diode Dynamics LED modules
- Alea Leather Specialist leather interior
- CT Sounds audio system
- Define Concepts stereo enclosure
Explorer Sport Adds Color to Black and White this MADly Posh Ride
The MAD Industries Explorer Sport embraces today’s luxury urban lifestyle, featuring a lowered stance with Niche Forged Alpine 24” Wheels influenced by today’s fashion trends. The plush Roadwire leather interior is perfect for a night on the town hitting your favorite club with your friends or a weekend road trip to your favorite spot.
- Gibson cat back stainless exhaust, ceramic-coated black
- K&N air intake
- AMSOIL Dominator motor oils
- Odyssey the Extreme battery
- Eibach Pro-Plus Performance handling package
Wheel & Tires
- MHT Niche Alpine (24″ x 10”) forged wheels
- Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35ZR24 tires
- BASF Refinish: R-M Onyx Waterborne System – custom Pure White with Jet Black Contrast Graphic finished off with BASF RM System Glamour Clear
- Custom roof rack
- Exterior plastics were smoothed and painted Pure White and Black
- PIAA Tera LED Evolution lighting
- PIAA Forenza wiper blades
- Coverking Stretch Satin custom car cover
- Roadwire leather custom seat covers in Black Premium Leather with White contrast stitching and Pure White Leather detail
- MAD Industries covered steering wheel in Miko Suede and matching leather
- MAD Industries Custom interior work featuring Roadwire door panel and center console leather inserts
- PIAA Tera LED evolution lighting
- SRP Racing Pedals billet aluminum anodized racing pedals
- Lloyd custom floor mats
- 3M Crystalline window film
- Focal Audio System designed by Source AV Design Group
- Enfotrace GPS tracking system
Don’t Call this Ford Explorer Mellow Yellow
This Explorer Sport demands attention from its screaming paint scheme using PPG paint, custom sound system utilizing Kicker Audio components, and throaty Flowmaster mufflers and tailpipes. This smooth ride was also altered with lowering springs, billet wheels and red line tires giving it a strong, menacing stance.
- Flowmaster exhaust
- Airaid cold air system
- Eibach lowering springs
- Baer 6 piston yellow calipers
Wheels & Tires
- B-Forged 530 Modular 20” wheels
- Nitto Red-Line sidewalls 275/55R20 tires
- Dominator Street Rods custom front air dam and push bar
- PPG Inca Gold with red stripes
- 3M Window tint
- Katzkin seat covers with custom embroidery headrests
- Kicker speakers and amplifiers
– By: Chris Chin