In addition to the four Explorer Sport concepts due at this year’s SEMA show, Ford will also be showcasing three new Edge Concepts, done up individually by three separate firms.
You have the Vaccar Edge Sport Concept, the Ignition by Webasto Ford Edge Sport, and the Tjin Edition Ford Edge Sport, all of which are geared towards the active urban lifestyles.
The Tjin Edition Ford Edge Sport Concept is more performance oriented with a range of performance modifications, as well as a custom aftermarket air suspension system. The Ignition by Webasto Edge Sport also has performance in mind with a long list of engine enhancements, such as a custom ECU tune, a boost-controller for the EcoBoost V6, and even more aggressive chassis and suspension tuning for improved handling, thanks to add-ons like H&R Springs and Rotora Forged brakes.
The Vaccar Edge Sport is geared towards those’d rather cruise around town, similarly to the Tjin Edition. It too comes with an advanced air-suspension conversion kit and various other upgrades.
Check them all out after the jump to see their full list of modifications.
Two Popular Ford SUVs Storm SEMA with Wild Versions for Every Lifestyle
Award-winning builders take the 2016 Ford Explorer Sport and new 2015 Ford Edge Sport to new levels at SEMA this year. Ranging from brutish off-roaders to the ultimate street cruisers, the tricked-out #FordSEMA SUVs feature both posh interiors and head-turning exterior mods to capture imaginations.
Ford continues its unrivaled support of the SEMA show this year with the largest OEM stand and over 50 vehicles on display. A step beyond display vehicles, Ford Out Front also offers attendees a unique experience of watching or riding in one of our performance car or trucks on a closed course.
Cool Blue Hues Make the Edge Sport Even Hotter
Tjin Edition will show a street performance version of the new 2015 Ford Edge Sport at the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas.
Performance modifications and an advanced air suspension highlight the Tjin Edition Edge Sports street credentials matching its strong exterior presence.
- Unique Fabrication front mount intercooler
- Motiv down-pipe
- Magnaflow exhaust
- Air Lift air suspension
- Air Lift Performance 3H air management
- Viair 380c compressors
- Baer 6S front and rear big brakes
Wheels & Tires
- ADV.1 ADV15R 22” 3-piece wheels (blue faces and gloss black lips)
- Falken Ziex S/TZ05 265/40R22 tires
- Custom Axalta Clipper Blue paint job
- LightWurkz headlights
- Downstar bolts and lug nuts
- Custom Alea Leather CT interior
- Scosche magic mounts
- Safety F1rst brake lights
- Optima battery
- Thule bags and accessories
3-2-1 Ignition: Mustang-Like Performance Meets the New 2015 Edge
Ignition by Webasto brings both luxury and performance together in one sexy package. Brad Keselowski tested and approved, this Edge Sport features more aggressive handling while offering comfort associated with high end luxury rides.
Featuring carbon fiber components and performance enhancing parts, this Edge Sport boasts more power and tighter handling all while including Webasto Thermo technology giving it a luxury feel usually reserved for the elite.
- Webasto Thermo Top Evo engine pre-heater
- Webasto ThermoCall TC3
- JMS BoostMAX boost controller
- JMS PedalMAX throttle enhancer
- SCT Performance ECU calibration
- MRT Performance axle-back exhaust
- K&N high flow air filter
- Sankuer Composite Technologies carbon fiber engine cover
- Sankuer Composite Technologies carbon fiber radiator cover
- H&R Springs performance suspension
- Rotora Forged aluminum brake Kit (6-Piston front; 4-Piston Rear)
- Rotora H2 ceramic brake pads and stainless steel braided brake lines
Wheels & Tires
- AG Luxury AGL23 forged monoblock (22” x 9”) wheels
- Toyo Proxes STII 265/35R22 tires
- PPG custom paint applied by MRT Performance
- Sankuer Composite Technologies
- Carbon fiber front chin spoiler
- Carbon fiber side rockers
- Carbon fiber rear diffuser
- High flow lower grille
- Shadow tinted glass
- Webasto H740-II Comfort Inbuilt sunroof
- Alea Custom leather interior
- MRT Performance interior accent package
Orange is the New Silver; Ford Edge Sport Gets the Vaccar Touch
The Vaccar Edge Sport concept is all about featured amenities, power for the road, and modern fashion. Premier styling is boldly expressed with bespoke brushed finishes and flat metallic textures while featuring an aggressive wheel-tire fitment that is precisely stanced via an advanced air suspension.
- Vaccar prototype true-dual exhaust system
- Vaccar prototype twin tube intake kit
- K&N Filters high performance chrome air filters
- Flowmaster HP-2 mufflers and stainless steel piping
- Vaccar prototype air suspension conversion kit
- Vaccar prototype rear strut bar
- Air Lift Performance AutoPilot V2 digital air management system
- Air Lift Performance air struts, air springs, aluminium tank and dual compressors
Wheels & Tires
- Rovos Pretoria (22” x 10.5”) wheels
- Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 265/30ZR22 tires
- Vaccar exterior theme and emblem set
- Vaccar Futura Flat Silver Metallic custom BASF Glasurit paint
- Vaccar Brushed Metal custom BASF Glasurit paint partial 2-tone and orange accents
- Custom paint and bodywork by Canfield Customs
- Vaccar’s Master Garage custom “floating” air system display
- Vaccar prototype center-dash triple gauge pod
- Auto Meter American Muscle boost, water temperature and volt meter gauges
- Alea Leather complete custom upholstery set
– By: Chris Chin