Not too long ago, Jaguar introduced their first-ever, true rival to the BMW 3-Series, called the XE. Shortly thereafter, they also revealed a new, second generation XF sedan.
As a result, the Coventry-based automaker released the official pricing details for both sedans in the US.
Those wanting to commit to the Jaguar XE will have to set aside $34,900 for the entry-level 25t model, which sports a 2.0L Ingenium turbocharged four-banger with 240hp and 251 lb-ft of twist. Buyers wanting to take the extra leap to the more powerful XE 35t model, with Jaguar-Land Rover’s latest supercharged 3.0L V6 with 340hp and 332 lb-ft of twist will need to make sure they have $41,700 at bare minimum.
But that’s not all as Jaguar’s keeping the promise of offering a diesel variants of the XE here in the US, with the $36,400 XE 20d. It’s 2.0L turbocharged diesel four makes do with 180hp and 318 lb-ft. All models send their power to either the rear-wheels or all-four through a ZF-sourced eight-speed automatic.
For individuals interested in moving up to the XF, prices start at $51,900 for Britain’s BMW 5-Series competitor, which comes standard with the 3.0L supercharged V6 with the same amount of power, while the higher-end version bumps the price up to $62,700 along with the power rating of the V6, to 380hp.
Check out the press blast below for full details.
Jaguar Announces 2016 Product Offerings
- Two all-new models, XE and F-PACE introduced to North American customers in 2016
- Second generation Jaguar XF fully redesigned with new aluminum-intensive architecture and new available technology features
- Jaguar XJ receives it mid-cycle refresh with a subtle redesign and realigned pricing
- Jaguar F-TYPE receives new powertrain and driveline options
- All models feature Jaguar EliteCare, an all-new Best-in-Luxury Class(1) 5-year/60,000 mile vehicle care and warranty program as a standard
- Pricing announced for all models
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – September 3, 2015 – With the introduction of three new models – two of which are all-new to North American customers – realigned pricing and a new best-in-class(1) coverage under Jaguar EliteCare, 2016 model year marks the beginning of The Next Generation of Jaguar.
Already on sale in select markets around the world, the all-new Jaguar XE arrives in U.S. showrooms this spring. Launching with three powertrain options across four trim levels, the Jaguar XE enters the highly competitive sport sedan segment with standard rear-wheel drive and the option of all-wheel drive on certain powertrains.
Fully redesigned for 2016, the second generation Jaguar XF continues to bring a unique blend of design, technology and refinement to the premium sedan segment. Positioned between the mid-size Jaguar XE and the full-size Jaguar XJ, the new bodywork on the XF mirrors the evolution of the Jaguar design language. It incorporates a sleek, coupe-like profile; long hood with a deep power bulge and short front and rear overhangs that allude to the vehicle’s sporting nature. With the help of the new aluminum-intensive architecture, the 2016 XF sheds 132lbs and 265lbs over the outgoing 2015 RWD and AWD models respectively, while still maintaining the level of refinement owners expect. Following a brand wide pricing realignment, the new XF includes more standard value than the outgoing 2015 model and is priced as much as nine percent less.
Receiving a mid-cycle refresh for the 2016 model year, Jaguar has reinforced the position of the Jaguar XJ as the brand’s flagship, full-size, all-aluminum luxury sedan. Launched in 2011, the Jaguar XJ becomes even more desirable with an updated interior and exterior, enhanced infotainment and entertainment systems, new available driver-assistance features and greater differentiation in the model line-up.
Building on the fundamentals of Jaguar DNA – lightweight construction, refined power, perfect proportions and outstanding design – the Jaguar F-TYPE receives new powertrain and driveline options for 2016. Operating on a torque-on-demand principle, the F-TYPE now features Instinctive All Wheel Drive®
(AWD)(2) as standard on R models and as an option on S models. Responding to demand from driving enthusiasts and purists, 2016 F-TYPE rear-wheel drive models will also be available with a six-speed manual transmission.
Finally, later this month at the Frankfurt Motor Show, on September 15, Jaguar will debut its first performance crossover, the F-PACE. Offering a new level of performance, design and practicality for the Jaguar brand, the F-PACE will enter North American markets in 2016 as a 2017 model. Additional information about its performance and capability will be announced at the Frankfurt Motor Show.
2016 Jaguar XF
US Models and MSRP(3) :
XF 3.0L Supercharged V6, 340hp $51,900
XF 3.0L Supercharged V6, 380hp $62,700
Featuring an all-new aluminum-intensive architecture, rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive XF models shed 132lbs to 265lbs, respectively, compared to outgoing 2015 models. With the launch of the new XF, all current Jaguar models now feature lightweight aluminum-intensive construction.
Designed from the ground-up around a modular aluminum architecture, Jaguar has been able to increase the wheelbase of the new XF 2-inches to 116.5-inches while decreasing the overall length of the vehicle 0.3 of an inch to 195-inches. The longer wheelbase adds an additional 0.6 of an inch of rear legroom, 0.9 of an inch of rear knee room and up to 1.1-inches of rear headroom. Highlighting the additional space offered by the new car, the XF now features rear quarter windows which, combined with the standard sunroof, contribute to a greater feeling of openness and allow more natural light to flow in the vehicle for a clearer view out of the cabin.
Launching with the choice of two supercharged V6 engines, producing 340hp and 380hp, the XF will be offered in rear-wheel or all-wheel drive. Preserving the Jaguar dynamic DNA, AWD models feature Intelligent Driveline Dynamics which controls the amount of torque distributed to the front and rear axles of the vehicle at a completely variable rate for optimal traction and on-road performance(4).
Inside, the XF will feature the all-new Jaguar InControl® Touch™ infotainment system based around an 8-inch capacitive touch-screen featuring the new Jaguar user interface. Customers can also option the equally new InControl Touch Pro™ infotainment system with a 10.2-inch touch-screen and optional 12.3-inch reconfigurable TFT instrument cluster. Both systems are fast, simple and intuitive to use and feature crisp and clear contemporary graphics(5).
Other available technologies include full-LED headlights, laser Heads-Up Display, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue-Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Intelligent Speed Limiter and Semi-Automated Parking(6).
New for 2016 XF
- Second generation XF features the Jaguar aluminum-intensive architecture contributing to a weight savings of 132lbs (RWD) to 265lbs (AWD) compared 2015 model
- New standard Jaguar InControl Touch infotainment system with 8-inch touch-screen and new user interface
- Optional InControl Touch Pro infotainment system with 10.2-inch touch-screen, available with 12.3-inch reconfigurable TFT instrument cluster
- Launching in US with choice of 340hp or 380hp supercharged V6 powertrain, an 8-speed automatic transmission and either RWD or AWD capability
- Offers a host of additional technology including full-LED headlights, Laser Heads-Up Display, Autonomous Emergency Braking, Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue-Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Intelligent Speed Limiter and Semi-Automated Parking
2016 Jaguar XJ
US Models and MSRP(3):
XJ R-Sport 3.0L Supercharged V6, 340hp $74,400
XJ R-Sport AWD 3.0L Supercharged V6, 340hp $77,900
XJ Supercharged 5.0L Supercharged V8, 470hp $92,000
XJR 5.0L Supercharged V8, 550hp $118,000
XJ Portfolio 3.0L Supercharged V6, 340hp $83,200
XJ Portfolio AWD 3.0L Supercharged V6, 340hp $86,700
XJL Supercharged 5.0L Supercharged V8, 470hp $95,000
XJR LWB 5.0L Supercharged V8, 550hp $121,000
Sporting a new, more progressive design, the exterior of the 2016 XJ receives full adaptive LED headlights with auto high beam functionality(6) in a signature ‘double J’ daytime light design. The updated front fascia with a larger, more upright grille and new mesh pattern, subtly redesigned front bumper and newly sculpted chrome blades in the lower air intakes complete the new look and further distinguish the XJ as the flagship sedan within the Jaguar model line-up.
Creating greater differentiation between XJ models, 2016 standard wheelbase derivatives receive a more assertive and dynamic exterior treatment together with a new R-Sport designation, which further emphasizes the vehicle’s sporting character.
Alternately, underscoring the model’s reputation for luxury, long wheelbase XJL Portfolio and XJL Supercharged models feature newly appointed quilted seats finished with a diamond sewn pattern on the seat center and cushion. All 2016 XJ models feature standard front and rear heated and ventilated seats.
Inside, both standard and long wheelbase XJ models receive the new Jaguar InControl® Touch Pro™ Infotainment system featuring an enhanced multi-touch user interface with a clean, contemporary design, as well as a standard Meridian 825-Watt 17-speaker Surround Audio system. The full suite of Jaguar InControl® connected car features will be available on the new XJ, including Jaguar InControl® Remote & Protect™, Jaguar InControl® Apps™(5) and InControl WiFi™, which provides in-car access to a 3G hotspot able to support up to eight devices simultaneously with internet access(7).
Driver Assistance features are also enhanced for the 2016 model year XJ to include All Surface Progress Control (ASPC), which acts like low-speed cruise control operational between 2 and 19mph, Closing Vehicle Sensing, Reverse Traffic Detection, Traffic Sign Recognition, Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist, Surround Camera, 360 Park Distance Control and Park Assist (RWD models only)(6).
New for 2016 XJ
- Exterior design is refined through a subtle update of the front and rear fascias, redesigned ‘single J’ tail lights and new standard signature ‘double J’ full-LED headlamps
- All-aluminum body construction contributes to reduced weight and exceptional performance
- Standard wheelbase derivatives receive a more assertive and dynamic exterior treatment together with a new R-Sport designation, emphasizing the vehicle’s sporting character and design
- XJL Portfolio and XJL Supercharged are distinguished with the introduction of quilted seating surfaces finished with a diamond sewn pattern on the seat center and cushion
- New standard InControl Touch Pro™ infotainment system with 8-inch touch-screen
- Expanded driver assistance systems
2016 Jaguar F-TYPE
US Models and MSRP(3):
F-TYPE Coupe Manual 3.0L Supercharged V6 $65,000
F-TYPE Coupe 3.0L Supercharged V6 $66,300
F-TYPE S Coupe Manual 3.0L Supercharged V6 $77,300
F-TYPE S Coupe 3.0L Supercharged V6 $78,800
F-TYPE S Coupe AWD 3.0L Supercharged V6 $84,800
F-TYPE R Coupe 5.0L Supercharged V8 $103,600
F-TYPE Convertible Manual 3.0L Supercharged V6 $68,100
F-TYPE Convertible 3.0L Supercharged V6 $69,400
F-TYPE S Convertible Manual 3.0L Supercharged V6 $80,400
F-TYPE S Convertible 3.0L Supercharged V6 $81,900
F-TYPE S Convertible AWD 3.0L Supercharged V6 $87,900
F-TYPE R Convertible 5.0L Supercharged V8 $106,450
Since its introduction in 2014, the Jaguar F-TYPE range has expanded from three models to six in one model year. Jaguar is continuing this trend by doubling the number of F-TYPE variants to 12 in the 2016 model year.
Broadening the appeal of the F-TYPE, rear-wheel drive V6 models will now be available with a six-speed manual gearbox. The new transmission features a short-throw shifter, closely-spaced gear ratios and pedals perfectly placed for heel-and-toe shifting.
Jaguar Instinctive All Wheel Drive® with Intelligent Driveline Dynamics(6) is now offered as an option on F-TYPE S Coupe and Convertible models and is standard on F-TYPE R Coupe and Convertible – all are equipped with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Operating on a torque-on-demand principle, the AWD system sends 100 percent of the engine’s torque to the rear wheels during normal driving conditions, and can send up to 50 percent of the torque to the front axle if the system determines that the rear wheels are approaching the limit of available grip.
For 2016 model year, the F-TYPE also features an increased level of standard equipment providing features customers expect from a premium sports car. The top-spec 770W Meridian™ surround sound audio system, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio & HD Radio™, Jaguar Smart Key Keyless entry – making the most of the unique deployable door handles of the F-TYPE – and 14-way fully power-adjustable seats, are all standard now. Coupe models also receive a panoramic glass roof as standard, which adds a tremendous amount of light to the cabin. The R Coupe models receive a power-assisted rear hatch as standard and S models are now equipped with Configurable Dynamic Mode(6), a flat-bottomed racing-style steering wheel and the driver-selectable Switchable Active Exhaust as standard equipment.
New for 2016 F-TYPE
- The F-TYPE V8S convertible is now replaced by the R model featuring the 550hp supercharged V8 engine found in the F-TYPE R coupe
- Instinctive All Wheel Drive® (AWD)(2) is now standard on all F-TYPE R coupe and convertible models and available on F-TYPE S automatic transmission models
- Six-speed manual transmission option available on rear-wheel drive V6 models
- Standard Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS) enables improved efficiency and precision(6)
- Increased level of standard equipment versus 2015 model year
- Features new Jaguar InControl® suite of telematics and smartphone connectivity(5)
2017 Jaguar XE
US Models and MSRP(3):
25t 2.0L Turbocharged I-4, 240hp $34,900
20d 2.0L Turbocharged I-4, 180hp $36,400
35t 3.0L Supercharged V6, 340hp $41,700
Launched globally in 2015, the Jaguar XE will arrive in North American showrooms spring 2016 as a 2017 model year. An all-new, aluminum-intensive sport sedan, the XE sits beside the XF and XJ to complete the brand’s modern sedan line-up. A true driver’s car, the XE redefines the concept of the sports sedan thanks to its advanced lightweight construction, streamlined styling, luxurious interior and outstanding ride and handling.
The XE model line-up will include four trim levels, XE, XE Premium, XE Prestige and XE R-Sport selectively available with four-cylinder and V6 powertrains. The fuel economy leader of the line-up will be the 20d, a new Jaguar Land Rover Ingenium 2.0L turbocharged diesel engine delivering 180hp and 318 lb-ft of torque, available in both rear- and all-wheel drive. Delivering excellent all-around performance thanks to ample low- and mid-range torque, 25t models feature a 2.0L turbocharged inline-four GTDI engine producing 240hp and 251 lb-ft of torque in a rear-wheel drive configuration. Topping the range, the XE 35t provides responsiveness and refinement using a 3.0L supercharged V6 engine which generates 340hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, available in both rear- and all-wheel drive.
Inside, the 2017 XE features an expressive interior design and full list of features Jaguar owners have come to expect. Featuring familiar Jaguar design details, such as the signature Riva Hoop from XJ, instrument pack and related steering wheel from F-TYPE, drivers will feel enveloped in the cockpit of the XE as if driving a sports car. The XE will feature the Jaguar InControl® Touch™ infotainment system as standard with a powerful Meridian™ surround stereo system.
Additional details will be available closer to the vehicle’s North American launch in spring of 2016.
New for 2017 XE
- All-new sport sedan arrives in North American Jaguar showrooms spring 2016
- Line-up to include a 2.0L turbocharged diesel under a 20d designation, a 2.0L turbocharged GTDI under the 25t designation and a 3.0L supercharged V6 under the 35t designation in a rear-wheel drive with the option of all-wheel drive available on 20d and 35t models
- Features the new Jaguar InControl® Touch™ infotainment system based around an 8-inch capacitive touch-screen(5)
2017 Jaguar F-PACE
Making its global debut at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show, the all-new Jaguar F-PACE is the first performance crossover to be featured in the Jaguar line-up. Available to North American customers as a 2017 model year, the F-PACE is also based on the Jaguar aluminum-intensive architecture, and focuses on bringing a new level of practicality to the new Jaguar line-up without sacrificing any of the brand’s key dynamic DNA. The F-PACE will be unveiled during the Jaguar press conference at 10:30AM, September 15 at the Frankfurt Motor Show. Additional details on standard features, performance and the North American start of sale will be available then.
(1) Class is cars sold by luxury automobile brands and claim is based on total package of warranty, maintenance and other coverage programs. For complete details regarding Jaguar EliteCare coverage, please visit JAGUARUSA.COM, call 1.800.4.JAGUAR or visit your local Jaguar Retailer.
(2) This feature is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving, nor can it overcome all extreme circumstances. Please consult the owner’s manual or your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for more details.
(3) All prices shown are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.
(4) These features are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions, etc. Driver should not assume that these features will correct errors of judgment in driving. Please consult the owner’s manual or your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for more details.
(5) Do not use Jaguar InControl® features under conditions that will affect your safety or the safety of others. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control.
(6) These features are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions, etc. Driver should not assume that these features will correct errors of judgment in driving. Please consult the owner’s manual or your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for more details.
(7) The Wi-Fi hotspot is intended for passenger use only. InControl features may require an additional subscription with separate terms and conditions.
# # #
– By: Chris Chin