Chrysler makes their 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition a bit less limited for 2014, now with AWD
Though it was initially destined to be a short run, Chrysler has reacted to overwhelming demand for what has turned out to be one of their faster selling limited editions. The car is a tweaked and more luxurious version of the existing 300C sedan. Unlike many limited editions, a choice of engines is available: the 292 horsepower Pentastar V6 or the 363 horsepower Hemi V8, both of which are mated to an 8-speed automatic from the standard car.
20-inch wheels come a standard on the RWD model, but 19s are new this year and will be the only wheels optional for the all wheel drive model. As was the case with the 2013 version, almost everything inside and outside is black or a dark shade of grey or silver. Prices start at $44,480 for the rear drive model and $46,980 excluding a $995 destination charge.
For more information, check out the press release after the jump.
-By: Sawyer Sutton
Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition Returns With the Ultimate in ‘Imported From Detroit’ Style, Now Available With AWD
- An enthusiast demanded encore: Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition returns for 2014 with bespoke exterior appointments and exotic interior materials all tied-in with John Varvatos’ signature design language for a Detroit-tough attitude
- Working hand-in-hand, John Varvatos’ signature fashion style combined with Chrysler designers styling expertise forged a 300 flagship sedan that embodies the soul of “Imported from Detroit”
- Now available with Chrysler’s intelligent AWD system featuring a segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle disconnect for best-in-class fuel efficiency and all-season capability
- Award-winning Pentastar V-6 with paddle-shifting eight-speed automatic transmission delivers a best-in-class EPA estimated 31 highway mpg, while optional HEMI® V-8 with four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology delivers 363 horsepower and 0-60 mph performance in less than six seconds
- Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition arrives to dealerships in March and starts at $44,480January 28, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Inspired by the industrious look and feel of Detroit , the Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition returns for 2014, now offering the segment’s most advanced all-wheel-drive (AWD) system – along with its unique signature exterior appointments, and an interior clad in dark colors and exotic materials all tied-in with John Varvatos’ signature design language.“Our collaboration with John Varvatos created one of the most uniquely appointed and fastest-selling limited-edition Chrysler 300 models,” said Al Gardner, President and CEO – Chrysler Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “We received feedback from Chrysler and John Varvatos design fans asking us to do two things – build a second run of the ultimate ‘Imported From Detroit’ Chrysler 300 and offer it with our most intelligent AWD system. We listened and the Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition is back.”
Ultimate in style: Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition returns
With its unique Phantom Black tri-coat exterior paint and discrete metallic finishes inside and out, the limited-production Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition returns, exuding its Detroit-tough attitude.
Styled after the black with Titanium-finished John Varvatos’ cologne bottle, a Titanium-finished grille surround, Titanium Chrome Chrysler “wing” badge and Black Chrome grille blades mimic the foundries that made Motor City flourish. For a more striking look, an aggressively styled front fascia integrates larger air inlets and features Black Chrome grille blades and Titanium-finished accents. Matching the cologne bottle finish are 20-inch cast-aluminum wheels [19-inch with all-wheel drive (AWD)], day light opening surrounds and mirror caps finished in Titanium. At the rear, LED taillamps with blackened detail give a more masculine look, while dual-exhaust tips in titanium, and John Varvatos and Chrysler wing deck-lid badges finished in Titanium Chrome complete the look.
Delivering John Varvatos’ signature style through a unique combination of dark colors and exotic materials, the Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition surrounds its passengers with craftsmanship and an industrious style that could only be “Imported from Detroit.” Inside, John Varvatos’ logos are proudly debossed on unique Pewter Metallic leather seats and are tailored with unique Diesel Gray and black pattern Varvatos stitching – for a look that is straight out of his fitted-jacket collection. Translated from John Varvatos’ latest watch design are a specially designed gauge cluster and clock with Pearlescent White face and Charcoal Black Metallic bezels. Extensive use of exotic Poltrona Frau® black leather with Diesel Gray accent stitching surrounds the bespoke environment, while a hand-stitched heated steering wheel is finished with Diesel Gray thread and Titanium Chrome accents for added detail. Completing the Chrysler 300C Varvatos Limited Edition’s interior are Titanium, unique Charcoal Hydrographic Wood and Gloss Black finished interior accents.
The 2014 Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition has a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of $44,480, while the new AWD model starts at $46,980 (excluding $995 destination).
The segment’s most advanced AWD system
With the aluminum 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine delivering 292 horsepower, or legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine with 363 horsepower with four-cylinder mode Fuel Saver Technology – the Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition with intelligent AWD features a segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle-disconnect system. No other major automotive manufacturer offers the combination of these two independent technologies.
Chrysler 300’s innovative AWD system seamlessly transitions between rear-wheel drive and AWD with no driver intervention. When AWD is not required, the system automatically disconnects the front axle to maximize fuel economy while still providing the outstanding fun-to-drive performance and handling inherent in rear-wheel-drive vehicles.
World-class eight-speed automatic transmission
Once limited to premium import vehicles costing twice as much, the segment-exclusive eight-speed automatic transmission expands the world-class power and fuel efficiency of the Pentastar V-6 equipped 2014 Chrysler 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition. Thanks to the addition of three more gear ratios, the state-of-the-art gearbox offers quicker acceleration, smoother shifts and class-leading fuel efficiency with respect to:
- Best-in-class highway fuel economy (31 mpg highway)
- Best-in-class V-6 all-wheel-drive (AWD) fuel economy (18 mpg city and 27 mpg highway)
- Best-in-class combined fuel economy (23 mpg with RWD, 21 with AWD)
- Unsurpassed city fuel economy (19 mpg RWD, 18 mpg AWD)
- Overall unsurpassed fuel economy in its class (19 mpg city and 31 mpg highway with RWD)
Additionally, quicker shifts are possible on the 300C John Varvatos Limited Edition as a result of a “Sport” shift mode that requires simple driver input. When the driver chooses to let the transmission shift in “Sport” mode, gear changes are quicker and revs are held higher for even more performance-oriented acceleration and higher shift dynamics. For even more control, the driver can also use a pair of die-cast, steering-wheel mounted paddle controls and view gear selection in the instrument cluster.
About John Varvatos
Launched in 2000 with a collection of tailored clothing and sportswear, John Varvatos now represents an entire men’s lifestyle that includes footwear, bags, belts, eyewear, limited edition watches, men’s fragrances, as well as the younger, edgier John Varvatos U.S.A. Collection and Boys’ line, as well as Converse by John Varvatos. The designer has been recognized three times by the CFDA with an American Fashion Award for New Menswear Designer (June 2000) and Menswear Designer of the Year (June 2001 and June 2005) and was honored as GQ’s “Designer of the Year” in 2007. The collection is distributed in freestanding John Varvatos boutiques across the U.S. — including his famed 315 Bowery boutique in New York City, formerly the seminal underground music club CBGB’s — and online, as well as in better department stores throughout the world. www.johnvarvatos.com