Not too long ago, Ford revealed a more road-going and performance oriented pickup known as the F150 Tremor, which was only based off of the regular cab F150. And in what seems like a move to make sure that the F150 Supercrew doesn’t feel left out, Ford has just revealed another variant that too is slightly more road-biased.
Called the 2014 Ford F150 STX Supercrew, the F150 variant adds a bit of a “sport and style” package, featuring body-color matching body panels and front grille surrounds, front and rear stepping plates, Ford’s Power Equipment Group package as standard (which just includes power windows, locks, door mirrors, and theft alarm), 20-inch aluminum rollers, and other standard options.
The base engine is much like the rest of the F150 lineup, the brand’s 3.7L naturally aspirated V6 good for 302hp and 278 lb-ft of torque. Ford’s optional 5.0L V8 can still be had, capable of 360hp and 380 lb-ft of twist.
Prices start at $33,145 for the STX Supercrew.
For full details, check out the press release after the jump.
NEW 2014 FORD F-150 STX SUPERCREW DELIVERS EXTRA SPACE AND VALUE; STX SPORT PACKAGE ADDS STYLE
- Arrival of new 2014 Ford F-150 STX SuperCrew® gives customers full range of cab options on value-oriented pickup; stylish new STX Sport Package now available as well
- Ford F-150 STX comes standard with 3.7-liter V6 engine, delivering an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city and 23 mpg highway; Ford F-150 also offers the half-ton segment’s only available compressed natural gas prep package
- SuperCrew offers customers more cabin space and four doors to accommodate crews on a work site or a family night out
Ford, America’s truck leader, adds the 2014 Ford F-150 STX SuperCrew® and STX Sport Package to its lineup, offering entry-level and value-oriented truck customers capable, roomy and stylish new options.
“With the rapidly expanding full-size pickup market continuing to benefit from economic growth and replacement demand, price-conscious buyers are returning looking for an affordable truck with space, capability and style,” said Doug Scott, Ford truck group marketing manager. “Adding the Ford F-150 STX SuperCrew and the new STX Sport Package to our 2014 lineup gives these truck shoppers more value-oriented F-150 models to consider.”
The F-150 STX SuperCrew meets the needs of first-time and returning value-conscious pickup truck customers, especially those who need to transport a crew to a job site or take the family on a trip.
Positioned between the work-ready XL and popular XLT models, STX offers upgraded exterior and interior features beyond what’s usually available for entry-level crew cab pickups:
- Body-color front bumper fascia, grille surrounds, and front and rear step bumpers
- Power Equipment Group, which includes power door locks, integrated keyhead transmitter remotes, power one-touch up/down windows and sideview mirrors, Illuminated Entry System and perimeter alarm
- 17-inch machined aluminum wheels
- Audio input jack
- Cruise control
- Customer information display
- MyKey® , a programmable feature that allows fleet owners and parents to limit top speed and audio volume, and set speed-alert chimes to encourage safer driving
- Outside temperature display
- Front-row 40/20/40 premium cloth bench seat
- Driver manual lumbar adjust
- Air conditioning
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™
- Tilt steering wheel
- AM/FM stereo with single CD player
Ford F-150 STX comes standard with a 302-horsepower, 278-lb.-ft.-of-torque 3.7-liter V6 engine, delivering an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city and 23 mpg highway. Ford F-150 also offers the half-ton segment’s only available compressed natural gas prep package.
A 5.0-liter V8 rated at 360 horsepower and 380 lb.-ft. of torque is also available, enabling STX SuperCrew to tow up to 9,500 pounds when properly equipped.
For buyers looking for extra style and personalization, the new STX Sport Package, available in all cab configurations, strengthens vehicle appearance with custom-inspired details.
The new STX Sport Package adds:
- 20-inch machined aluminum painted wheels with P275/55R20 tires
- Black billet grille with body-color surround
- Black tubular running boards
- Black and Gray Piston cloth front seats (40/console/40 on SuperCab and SuperCrew, 40/20/40 on Regular Cab)
- Color-coordinated carpet
- Unique box decals
Ford is offering this new configuration at a time when truck sales continue to be a bright spot in the economy. Sales of full-size pickups through July are up 23 percent, compared to an industry that is up 8 percent, making it the fastest growth segment this year. Through July, 427,935 Ford F-Series pickups have been sold. Ford F-Series is America’s best-selling vehicle for 31 consecutive years and best-selling truck for 36 consecutive years.
The 2014 Ford F-150 STX model lineup starts under $30,000. Manufacturer’s suggested retail price for STX SuperCrew starts at $33,145 for the 4×2 version with 3.7-liter V6 and $37,570 for the 4×4 with 5.0-liter V8. Current available discounts reduce the final price of the STX Sport Package, and F-150 Equipment Group 201A featuring the Trailer Tow Package, SYNC® voice-activated controls and SiriusXM Satellite Radio, to $980. Destination charges are $1,095.
- By: Chris Chin