Toyota’s most popularly sold vehicle, the Corolla, received a major rework for the 2014 model year and its officially here, complete with all-new pricing and packaging details.
For the 2014 Toyota Corolla, prices start at $16,800 for the base L model with a six-speed manual transmission. To gain a four-speed auto on the base model, an extra $600 is required. Other trims include the next level LE, then the S, and an all-new range-topping LE Eco model rated to return up to 42 mpg on the highway.
Click here for our original post on the 2014 Toyota Corolla.
Sporting a completely new design, the 2014 Corolla seeks to broaden its appeal by becoming more interesting, both visually and driving wise. Some new tech is also included, such as standardized reverse camera, climate control, cruise control, keyless entry, an Entune infotainment system, and an all-new CVTi-S transmission to improve driveability and fuel economy for the LE model.
Slightly more sporty-oriented can also opt for the Corolla S—though chances are, serious driving enthusiasts aren’t expected to hold their breath for some serious performance. The S-model includes an upgraded suspension, 17-inch wheels, optional paddle shifters for the CVT transmissions (ironic, since a CVT physically does not have a fixed set of gears), and more.
For full details, check out the press release after the jump.
PRICING ANNOUNCED FOR 2014 TOYOTA COROLLA
All-new Corolla remains a strong value in the compact segment
TORRANCE, Calif., August 27, 2013 – The all-new 2014 Corolla will offer its dramatically elevated design, efficiency and renowned Toyota quality, at an extremely attainable price. The world’s most popular compact sedan will remain a legendary value in the segment.
The 2014 Corolla is available in four distinct grades: L, LE, S, and the new LE Eco grade. The Corolla lineup offers a vehicle for broad range of customers, from the familiar value-minded to shoppers seeking a more premium compact car.
The Corolla enters the market with an MSRP of $16,800 for the L grade with a new 6-speed manual transmission. The Corolla L with 4-speed automatic is priced at just $17,400. The Corolla L includes a long list of contemporary standard features:
– LED lowbeam headlamps with LED daytime running lights,
– Standard Bluetooth connectivity
– Driver and front passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL) seats
– Eight airbags, including a new drivers knee airbag and passenger seat cushion airbag.
The Corolla LE targets the heart of the compact segment with a more upmarket list of features at a value price. The LE starts at $18,300, which is only $120 above last year’s Corolla LE. The LE offers a list of convenient standard features that enhance the Corolla experience:
– Backup monitor
– Climate control
– Cruise control
– Keyless entry
– Entune Audio (including 6.1″ touchscreen)
– Improved fuel economy afforded by the new CVTi-S transmission.
The sporty-themed Corolla S is available at $19,000, which represents a $60 reduction versus the outgoing model. The Corolla S offers a more athletic look and feel. Enhancements to the Corolla S include:
– An aggressive lower front grille with a piano black finish and chrome surround
– Unique suspension tuning for available 17-inch wheel package
– Available paddle shifters (with CVTi-S) to actuate sequential 7-speeds
– Sport cluster gauge with TFT meter
– Ornate piano black instrument panel
– Supportive sport seats
– Leather steering wheel cover
The all new Corolla LE Eco trim level offers enhanced fuel economy due to a 140-hp Valvematic-equipped engine, improved aerodynamics, and unique CVTi-S tuning. The LE Eco enters the market at $18,700. The Corolla LE Eco will offer an EPA rating of 42 mpg on the highway, giving it the best highway fuel economy in the class for a vehicle equipped with an automatic transmission (excluding electric vehicles, hybrids, and diesels).
New Elevated Corolla Models
The Corolla adds two new models to the LE, S, and LE Eco grades. The Plus model adds alloy wheels plus select features as standard equipment. The Premium model adds alloy wheels and Softex seats as standard equipment.
– LE Plus: 16″ alloy wheels and integrated fog lights
– LE Premium: 16″ alloy wheels, integrated fog lights, and Softex seats
– S Plus: 17″ alloy wheels and rear disc brakes
– S Premium: 17″ alloy wheels, rear disc brakes, and Softex seats
– LE Eco Plus: 16″ alloy wheels, integrated fog lights, chrome beltline, Eco driving mode
– LE Eco Premium: 16″ alloy wheels, integrated fog lights, chrome beltline, Eco driving mode, and Softex seats
– By: Chris Chin