Land Rover has released the full beans on the updates for the 2014 model year Range Rover Evoque, which receives one of the first applications of ZF’s latest 9HP nine-speed automatic transmission. Additionally, the new Range Rover Evoque receives a new Active Driveline system that cooperatively works with the active rear differential and torque vectoring for improved traction on and off-road.
You can also count on exterior and interior upgrades to the minor degree such as new alloy wheels, an updated front and rear fascia, and more.
Power is still supplied via Land Rover’s current 2.0L turbocharged and direct-injected four-banger good for 240hp.
For full details, check out the press release after the jump.
Major New Technologies Enhance 2014 Range Rover Evoque
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
- New, responsive nine-speed automatic transmission
- A new Active Driveline system with an active rear differential and torque vectoring is now standard
- New driver assistance and convenience features added
- Exterior and interior design enhancements, plus new alloy wheel designs
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – August 21, 2013- One of the most esteemed Land Rover vehicles ever made, the Range Rover Evoque, makes a further significant leap forward with the introduction of a host of new technologies. These enhancements bring a range of new comfort and convenience features.
With global sales of more than 170,000 vehicles in just 18 months, the Range Rover Evoque has proven to be highly successful. The 2014 Range Rover Evoque, on sale in the Fall of 2013, will benefit from new features, including: a new 9-speed automatic transmission, new driveline technologies, new driver assistance features and detail design enhancements inside and out.
First shown at the Geneva Motor Show in March, the ZF-9HP automatic transmission is among the world’s first 9-speed units fitted to a passenger car. It has an ultra-fast response time, and an adaptive shift program that quickly matches the driving style. With a wide spread of ratios and improved efficiency, the new transmission delivers reduced emissions, enhanced performance and greater comfort. The 2014 Range Rover Evoque continues to be powered by a 2-liter 240hp Turbocharged Direct Injected engine.
A new Active Driveline system with active differentials and torque vectoring is now standard.* It is an ‘on demand’ four-wheel drive system which reduces driveline drag by decoupling the four-wheel drive system during steady-state driving at speeds above 22 mph. The new system monitors vehicle dynamics and automatically activates four-wheel drive within 300 milliseconds whenever it is needed. The Active Driveline also features Active Torque Biasing with an electronically controlled differential to distribute torque between the rear wheels, optimizing traction and stability. In addition, a Torque Vectoring feature further enhances agility and safety by redirecting torque between all four wheels to counteract understeer.
For the 2014 model, the driver assistance capabilities of Range Rover Evoque are significantly enhanced by the introduction of new features* including: Park Exit (to automatically exit parallel parking bays), Perpendicular Park (to position the car centrally in parking bays), Adaptive Cruise Control (with Queue Assist, Forward Alert and Intelligent Emergency Braking), Closing Vehicle Sensing and Reverse Traffic Detection (to warn drivers of oncoming traffic).
In addition to the new technologies, there are detail changes to the Range Rover Evoque vehicle’s exterior, new color options for the interior, new alloy wheel styles and a new style of Land Rover badge on the grille, wheel centers and tailgate.
* These systems are not a substitute for driving safely with due care and attention and will not function under all circumstances, speeds, weather and road conditions, etc. Driver should not assume that these systems will correct errors of judgment in driving. Please consult the owner’s manual or your local authorized Land Rover Retailer for more details.
# # #
About Land Rover
Land Rover, the British maker of Land Rover and Range Rover sport utility vehicles, is renowned for providing its clientele with some of the most luxurious and capable vehicles in the world. Every Land Rover vehicle is equally at home both on and off road, and in any setting; be it in the heart of the city, or traversing the countryside. Today’s Land Rover lineup includes the legendary Defender, LR2 (Freelander 2), LR4 (Discovery 4), Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque. Land Rover designs, engineers, and manufactures their vehicles in the United Kingdom. Land Rover is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Land Rover website at http://www.landroverusa.com.
About Jaguar Land Rover
•The United States is one of the leading global markets for both Jaguar and Land Rover
•Jaguar Land Rover employs 25 000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world
• Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK
• In the 2012/13 fiscal year,Jaguar Land Rover has reported revenues of $23.8 billion, up 17% year on year ($20.4 billion last year)
•Jaguar Land Rover has test facilities acrossthe USAin the following states: California, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Washington D.C.
• Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada. Jaguar Land Rover has offices in the following locations: California, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Washington D.C.
• Jaguar Land Rover is represented by more than 330 independently operated retail outletsin the USA
– By: Chris Chin