Lexus’ BMW M3-fighter, the IS F, has been under the knife in the laboratories of the Japanese luxury automaker, with a replacement due sometime in the 2014 year. Usually, this means the automaker will make a fuss about the current model ceasing production, sending it off into the pages of history by producing special end-of-the-line models with some extra badging and equipment.
Though, this isn’t the case with the IS F, since one would presume Lexus would be ceasing the current model to make way for the new one. The current generation IS F will continue onto the 2014 model year, with sales beginning in October 2013.
Toyota may have not made these last run models into special editions, but they did tweak the car a bit—something visible in the slight hike with the base price, up around $1,600 to $63,350. This includes some slight interior updates, such as “F” logo embroidered headrests, Alcantara trim, and more.
For the press statement, check it out after the jump.
WHAT’S NEW FOR 2014 TOYOTA
2014 IS F
On-Sale Date: October 2013
- LED foglamps (bulbs changed to LEDs)
- Carbon fiber rear spoiler
- All headrests embossed with “F” logo
- Alcantara trim (black) added to doors and center console cover
- Black full semi-aniline leather trimmed seats (replaces black alcantara and leather-trimmed seats)
- Red leather-trimmed seats receive black alcantara inserts with red perforation and black leather-trimmed headrests
-IS F $63,350
- By: Chris Chin
Source: Lexus via AutoBlog