In what seems like a move to fill in the gap that was once occupied by a niche version of America’s bestselling vehicle, the Ford F150 SVT Lightning, Ford recently revealed the all-new 2014 Ford F150 Tremor, which they boast as the “world’s first EcoBoost-powered Sport Truck.”
Unlike the last F150 SVT Lightning’s 5.4L supercharged Modular V8 monster, this new F150 Tremor boasts a 3.5L EcoBoost V6, which is the same engine seeing duty in the Explorer Sport, churning out 365hp and 420 lb-ft of torque.
Separating the Tremor from other F150s is the fact that the Tremor can only be had in a short-wheelbase regular cab form, with unique vinyl trimming and graphics, 20-inch flat-black rollers, and black badging with red lettering. On the inside, two black leather buckets are offered with a leather steering wheel with red stitching. Alcantara seat inserts are also included to add a bit of luxurious vibe.
Also, unlike the F150 SVT Lightning, the F150 Tremor retains the stock F150’s ride height to allow for off-road performance as well, rather than a lowered ride height for better road performance. So a lot of reasons why they didn’t call it the SVT Lightning. But it’s probably the closest thing to it for the modern F150 lineup.
For full details, check out the press release after the jump.
All-New 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor Is World’s First EcoBoost-Powered Sport Truck
- 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor comes standard with the company’s powerful 3.5-liter EcoBoost® engine, offering V8 performance, V6 fuel economy and a launch-optimized 4.10 rear axle with electronic locking differential
- Short-wheelbase, regular-cab Tremor offers stylish FX Appearance Package and functional features that include a floor shifter, class-exclusive HID headlamps and standard SYNC® with MyFord Touch® connectivity system
- All-new truck’s distinctive looks are complemented by unique boxside Tremor graphics and custom-inspired interiorDEARBORN, Mich., June 27, 2013 – The 2014 Ford F-150 Tremor is the first-ever EcoBoost®-powered sport truck that addresses the needs of street truck enthusiasts looking for high-performance V8 power with V6 fuel economy.The short-wheelbase, regular-cab Tremor goes on sale this fall delivering distinctive looks and performance. The all-new truck couples the style of the FX Appearance Package with an EcoBoost engine and a launch-optimized 4.10 rear axle – the shortest final drive ratio offered in an EcoBoost F-150 – helping provide customers with fast acceleration.Tremor signals its sport truck capabilities with a custom-inspired FX Appearance Package featuring stealthy, flat-black accents that include unique 20-inch flat-black wheels, stylized bodyside graphics and black badges with red lettering.Tremor is the only regular-cab F-150 offering a flow-through center console and bucket seats. Interior touches include black leather seating surfaces with red piping, brushed-metal accents and a red-stitched steering wheel. Alcantara seat inserts add texture and style as well.“The new Tremor gives F-150 customers yet another option to drive a highly capable, distinctive performance truck with features typically found only in the aftermarket,” said Brian Bell, F-150 product marketing manager. “Plus, the Built Ford Tough EcoBoost engine is available for the first time in a short-wheelbase F-150.”F-150 Tremor is powered exclusively by Ford’s groundbreaking 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine, which features:
- 365 horsepower at 5,000 rpm on regular fuel
- 420 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm
- Twin independent variable camshaft timing for improved performance and fuel economy
- Up to 90 percent peak torque available from 1,700 rpm to 5,000 rpmAn electronic locking rear differential that’s standard for both two- and four-wheel-drive versions helps deliver the power to the pavement by improving traction during takeoff.Connectivity comes standard on F-150 Tremor with MyFord Touch® powered by SYNC®. Designers have optimized the physical interface for MyFord Touch to accommodate truck users who may be wearing work gloves by providing easy access to climate controls and audio presets on the center stack.# # #About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 175,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visit http://corporate.ford.com.
– By: Chris Chin