The production versions of the new 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe three-row, 7-passenger has made its debut at the 2012 LA Auto Show. The model now joins the 5-passenger Santa Fe Sport, which has been on sale since August.
Check out more news on the Hyundai Santa Fe.
Power for the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe comes from a 3.3 liter GDI V6 engine making 290-hp and 252 lb-ft of torque – that’s more than most of its competitors including the Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot or the Nissan Pathfinder. The engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC manual control.
The larger Santa Fe rides on a 110.2-inch wheelbase, which is 3.9 inches longer than the Santa Fe Sport’s wheelbase. Its overall length of 193.1 inches is 8.5 inches longer compared to Santa Fe Sport. The 74.2-inch width is slightly wider (0.2 inch) than Santa Fe Sport. The LWB Santa Fe’s overall height is 66.5 inches, which is 0.4 inches higher than Santa Fe Sport.
Pricing will be announced closer to the on-sale date early next year.
Hit the jump for the highlights on the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2013 THREE-ROW SANTA FE TRIM
- Lambda II 3.3-liter GDI V6 engine with 290 horsepower
- Santa Fe is the only midsize CUV with a standard direct injection V6 engine
- Tow rated up to 5,000 pounds
- Active Cornering Control AWD system
- Driver Selectable Steering Mode (DSSM)
- All-new crossover architecture developed for families
- Fluidic Sculpture exterior design
- Hyundai designed and engineered six-speed automatic transmission
- Seven standard airbags
- Panoramic sunroof
- Heated rear seats and heated steering wheel
- Power driver and front passenger seats
- Seven passenger seating with 40:20:40 split folding second row bench seat or six passenger seating with second row captain’s chairs
- Sliding and reclining second row seating with cargo area release and 50:50 flat folding third row seats
- Standard Blue Link® – safety, service and infotainment telematics system
- Third generation navigation and audio multimedia systems with an available eight-inch display
- Power liftgate
- Santa Fe is 320 pounds lighter than the outgoing Veracruz and 239 pounds lighter than the all-new Nissan Pathfinder