Subaru has dropped the first official pictures of the new 2014 Forester crossover SUV, which will make its public debut at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show. Subaru says that the “2014 Forester combines a bolder profile than before while offering a roomier interior with virtually the same footprint as the previous model.”
Power comes from a 2.0 liter direct-injected turbocharged Boxer engine making 250-hp and a 170-hp 2.5 liter naturally aspirated Boxer engine. Subaru says it has also refined the suspension system for better handling and a comfortable ride along with a 8.7 inches of ground clearance for off-pavement driving capability.
Options include an infotainment system, smartphone integration, navigation, rear view camera, and harman/kardon premium audio amplifier and speakers.
2014 Subaru Forester Specifications
- Engine types and output
- 2.5-liter 4-cylinder BOXER, naturally aspirated – 170 hp @ 5,800 rpm 174 lb.-ft. peak torque @ 4,100 rpm
- 2.0-liter 4-cylinder BOXER, direct fuel injection, turbocharging, intercooler – 250 hp @ 5,600 rpm 258 lb.-ft. peak torque @ 2,000-4,800 rpm
- 2.5-liter models: 6-speed manual or Lineartronic CVT
- 2.0-liter turbo: high-torque CVT with 6-speed and 8-speed manual modes and Hill Descent Control
- Drivetrain – Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive standard for all models
- Wheelbase – 103.9 in.
- Vehicle length – 180.9 in.
- Vehicle height – 68.2 in (with roof rails)
- Vehicle width – 70.7 in.
- 2.5-liter: 17 x 7 in. aluminum alloy with 225/60 R17 all-season
- 2.0-liter turbo: 18 x 7 in. aluminum alloy with 225/55 R18 all-season