Besides the bunch of small concept car modifications Chevrolet will be showing at the 2012 SEMA Show, the brand will also be showing this – the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Turbo Performance Concept.
Power for the Chevrolet Malibu Turbo Performance Concept comes from the same 2.0 liter turbo found on the Malibu Turbo. Output has been increased to 259-hp allowing for a 0 to 60 mph time of 6.3 seconds with a top speed of 155 mph – those figures make it the fastest Malibu ever create by Chevy.
Besides the performance upgrade, Chevy’s designers and engineers have also given the Malibu Turbo Performance Concept an aggressive stance with a range of “high-performance and upscale appointments inside and out” and by wrapping them in Berlin Blue Tricoat exterior paint and a Jet Black/Navy Blue interior.
Now Chevrolet won’t say whether or not it will be producing the Malibu Turbo Performance Concept but Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet marketing says:
“At Chevrolet, performance comes in many different forms that appeal to many different customers – and that’s exactly what we demonstrate at the SEMA Show. We play close attention to the reaction our concepts receive, because the feedback helps determine the viability for producing new accessories and even special-edition production vehicles.”
The Chevrolet Malibu Turbo Performance Concept touches include:
- Ground effects package, including front splitter, rockers and rear diffuser, accented in Heroic Blue
- Custom lower grille and fog lamp grilles
- Black ice-tinted chrome accents
- Blaze Red-painted fog lamp bezels and inner exhaust bezels
- Black-painted mesh grille inserts, fog lamp grilles, window surround moldings and wheel center caps
- Clear tail lamp lenses
- Unique “Turbo” badges
- New 20×8.5-inch aluminum wheels in Night Rider chrome
- Pirelli PZero 255/35ZR20 tires
- RECARO sport seats trimmed in Jet Black leather and Navy Blue suede, with red accent stitching
- Jet Black leather and Navy Blue suede-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel, door panels and instrument panel
- Navy Blue suede-wrapped shift boot
- Dark Argent and black chrome trim plates.
- By: Omar Rana