Shelby American has dropped the 2013 model year version of its Shelby GT500 Super Snake with the base model pumping out 662-hp and another model producing 850-hp.
Check out more news on the Ford Mustang.
The limited edition 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake also features new styling cues, color options and optional performance upgrades and only 500 total 2013 Super Snakes will be built (available as a coupe or convertible in the entire color palette offered by Ford Motor Company on the Shelby GT500).
“When Ford launched the 2013 Shelby GT500, we were bombarded with requests for Shelby American to offer a Super Snake package for the car,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American. “Our team worked closely with Ford Racing and other key partners to develop our new fire breathing snake. The result is the most powerful base model Super Snake ever at 662 horsepower, which is available at prices lower than previous models. By checking off a few boxes in the series of optional equipment, you can take home a street-legal 850 horsepower version that runs on pump gas.”
Prices for the 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake package starts at $28,995.00 for the 662-hp version and $39,995.00 for the 850-hp version (not including the base car).
Hit the jump for the specs.
The 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post title package includes:
- Standard base tune is 662 HP and 631 ft./lbs. of torque
- 6-speed manual transmission with 3.31:1 rear axle ratio and short-throw shifter with optional 3.73:1
- Upgraded suspension package
- Shelby Performance cooling package with a new radiator, heat exchanger and aluminum cooling tanks
- New spoked Shelby-designed 20-inch wheels and performance tires
- Shelby / Borla exhaust system
- Optional Shelby / Ford Racing 850 hp Whipple supercharger or 850 hp Kenne Bell supercharger
- Forged Shelby / Wildwood brakes with 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rear calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
- Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
- Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby Super Snake design
- Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either satin black, gloss white, silver or blue
- “Super Snake” vehicle badges, and unique CSM number interior and engine plates
- “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
- Optional two tone leather interior
- Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components
- By: Omar Rana