The Hyundai Genesis sedan has been upgraded (just a little bit) for the 2013 model year. Nothing crazy has happened here besides the addition of BlueLink with an 8-inch nav screen (and a 64GB SSD) and the 5.0 liter Tau V8 is now exclusively the V8 option (the 4.6 liter V8 model is no longer available).
Check out more news on the Hyundai Genesis.
The 5.0 R-Spec model that carries the 5.0 liter Tau V8 pumps out 429-hp at 6,400 rpm and 376 lb-ft of torque at 5,000 rpm. This Tau V8 represents the most powerful Hyundai engine ever, with a higher specific output (85.8 hp/liter) than its normally-aspirated premium luxury competitors. The Tau V8 engine family has been named to the prestigious Ward’s Ten Best Engines list three times.
2013 Genesis Highlights:
Genesis model and powertrain line-up simplified:
- 5.0-liter direct-injected Tau V8 engine now exclusive to 5.0 R-Spec model
- Standard 5.0-liter model no longer available
- 4.6-liter V8 no longer available
- 3.8-liter V6 available in three equipment configurations
- New optional eight-inch touchscreen display with navigation and an enhanced multi-media controller and Driver Information System (DIS)
- Hyundai Blue Link telematics available with Ultimate Navigation package
- By: Omar Rana