The Ford F-150 is coming to protect and serve you at a local government, municipal facility near you. The Dearborn automaker announced today that it will offer the F-150 Special Service Vehicle (SSV) Package to police, fire stations and other commercial fleets.
“Our fleet customers have been asking us to create this option for F-Series trucks,” said Ford Government Sales Manager Tony Gratson. “We’re confident the current and updated 2013 F-150 equipped with the SSV Package will be of particular interest to our government customers with rugged jobs such as law enforcement, firefighting, and national and state park patrols.”
The Ford F-150 SSV also includes a high-capacity 220-amp alternator to support fleet-class electrical needs.
The F-150 SSV will be available in both SuperCab and SuperCrew configurations, 4×2 and 4×4 models, and with a choice of 5.0-liter V8 or 3.5-liter EcoBoost engines.
- Best-in-class 360 horsepower at 5,500 rpm vs. standard V8 competitors
- 21 mpg highway, unsurpassed 15 mpg city (4×2)
- Best-in-class 10,000 pounds maximum trailer tow vs. standard V8 competitors
- 365 horsepower at 5,000 rpm on regular fuel
- Best-in-class 420 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,500 rpm vs. premium V8 competitors
- Up to 90 percent peak torque available from 1,700 rpm to 5,000 rpm
- Best-in-class 11,300 pounds maximum trailer tow vs. all competitors
- Best-in-class 3,120 pounds payload vs. all competitors
– By: Omar Rana