If you’ve familiarized yourself with the way new models are launched in the automotive industry, you’ve probably noticed that BMW Group loves dropping details and images of its latest models on the weekend. Joining the new Mini John Cooper Works GP today is the 2013 BMW 3-Series Touring.
“Its harmonious proportions ensure the new BMW 3 Series Touring appears from every angle as if cut from a single mould and proves that impressive practicality and dynamic design need not be mutually exclusive,” BMW said in a statement. “The sweeping silhouette with smoothly sloping roofline, side windows extending well back to the rear and a powerful rear end all combine to create a distinctive Touring character and highlight the huge potential of the new BMW 3 Series variant at first glance.”
So what do you need to know about the new 2013 BMW 3 Series Touring?
- In Europe, it will be sold with the same powertrain lineup as the sedan including BMW TwinPower Turbo technology, Auto Start-Stop function and ECO PRO mode, eight-speed automatic gearbox available for all models
- It offers 495 litres – or 17.4 cubic feet – of stowage.
- It has 40:20:40 folding rear seat bench (standard), rear window opens separately from automatic tailgate (standard), separate partition net and luggage compartment cover.
- The 3 Series Touring will be offered in Modern Line, Luxury Line, Sport Line and M Sport package plus an extensive selection of assistance systems, including full-colour Head-Up Display, BMW ConnectedDrive and more.
- Sporty suspension with enhanced ride comfort, Electric Power Steering, M Sport options.
- The new BMW 3 Series Sports Wagon (what it will be called on the stateside) is set to arrive in US showrooms in Spring 2013. Powertrain details for the US as well as pricing, specifications and standard/optional equipment will be announced at a later date.
– By: Omar Rana