Today in our Top 10 things you need to know about car ‘x’ we’re taking a look at the latest addition to Cadillac’s lineup – the 2013 ATS sedan. Let’s get started.
Top 10 things you need to know about the 2013 Cadillac ATS:
- The new Cadillac ATS is the latest addition to the brand and will compete with the likes of the BMW 3-Series, Audi A4, Lexus IS and the Infiniti G sedan.
- ATS? The letters mean Alpha Touring Sedan. What does it mean? The Cadillac ATS is built on the Alpha platform.
- Power for the 2013 Cadillac ATS will come from three engine choices. The lineup includes a 2.0 liter 4-cylinder turbo making 270-hp and 260 lb-ft of torque. Next up is the 2.5 liter naturally aspirated 4-cylindr making 200-hp and 188 lb-ft of torque. The top-of-the-line model is powered by a 3.6 liter V6 making 318-hp and 267 lb-ft of torque.
- Transmission choices include a 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic – mated to either a RWD or AWD setup.
- No word one 0 to 60 mph times for the whole lineup but Caddy says that the 3.6 liter V6 ATS can run from stop to 60 mph in under 6 seconds. Since it was developed on the Nurburgring, it can tell its competitors to go to ‘Green Hell.‘
- It weighs under 3,400 pounds – and that’s pretty light.
- If you want to wait, GM has plans to make a coupe version of the Cadillac ATS? There is even a rumor about a two-seat roadster that will be based on the ATS.
- What about an ATS-V? Yes, there will eventually be a high-performance version but nothing is official yet. Word on the street is that the Cadillac ATS-V will be powered by a V6 making somewhere around 380-hp.
- Fuel-economy? Nothing official from the EPA right now but Caddy says some models will be able to hit a highway fuel economy well over 30 mpg.
- Prices start at $33,990 for the base Cadillac ATS. If you go for the 2.0 liter turbo, the price will jump to $35,795. The top-of-the-range ATS with a 3.6 liter V6 will start at $42,090 and will include an automatic transmission and standard content that includes the CUE infotainment system, leather 8-way power seats with memory, keyless start and more.
Click here for more news on the Cadillac ATS.
– By: Omar Rana