You asked for them so we’re keeping them coming – here is our third Top 10 things you need to know about car ‘x’ – today, we’re taking a look at the 2013 Ford Focus ST. Let’s get it started.
Top 10 things you need to know about the 2013 Ford Focus ST:
- The 2013 Ford Focus ST comes to the stateside for the first, making it the first time the sporty hatchback – once only available across the Atlantic ocean – will be sold in all markets.
- What does the ST stand for? Sporty Tires? Not even close – it stands for Sports Technologies.
- Power for the 2013 Ford Focus ST comes from a 2.0L EcoBoost 4-cylinder turbo making 247-hp and 265 lb-ft of torque.
- The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and… that’s it – you can only opt for a manual here. No love for those that don’t know what the third pedal is for.
- 0 to 62 mph comes in 6.1-6.5 seconds with a top speed of 155 mph.
- Comes with RECARO racing seats in full leather or partial leather, MyFord Touch, SYNC and bunch of other goodies.
- The Tangerine Scream color option you see here will cost you an extra $495.
- The first 1,000 pre-sale orders placed between May 1 and August 20 will get a free GoPro HD Hero2 Camera System.
- Prices start at $24,495 – that makes it cheaper than the Volkswagen GTI and the Mazdaspeed3.
- The Focus ST is the only sporty hatch/compact car available from an American automaker – and you thought Ford was all about being best-in-class for fuel-efficiency.
Click here for more news on the Ford Focus.
- By: Omar Rana