Jaguar and Land Rover are both becoming well know for its special-edition models. At the 2012 Beijing Motor Show, Jaguar is unveiling a special-version of the XJ known as the Ultimate edition. Only 30 units of the Jaguar XJ Ultimate will be coming to the United States later this year and each unit will carry a price tag of $155,000.
Check out more news on the Jaguar XJ.
Being presented as the ‘pinnacle of the luxurious, innovative XJ experience,’ the XJ Ultimate comes with high-levels of opulence (it has it) for rear seat passengers.
So what kind of interior opulence are we talking?
- Two individually tailored rear seats trimmed in semi-aniline premium leather with power adjustment and recline, lumbar support, massage function and climate controls.
- A rear business table, machined from solid aluminum with piano black trim, powers into position at the touch of a button
- Pair of bespoke champagne flutes in a dedicated storage area beneath the power table
- A champagne chiller between the rear seats
- A full-length, leather-trimmed center console features phosphor blue accent lighting and stowage areas.
- Each rear-seat passenger is provided with an iPad and keyboard, housed and charged in dedicated leather-trimmed docks in the rear of the front seats
- A 15-channel, 20-speaker surround sound system engineered specifically for the XJ by Meridian
- Rear-seat entertainment package with twin headrest-mounted screens and wireless headphones
On the outside, the Jaguar XJ Ultimate gets Black Amethyst as its exclusive color in the United States. The special-edition model will also get 20-inch Maroa forged alloy wheels. Jaguar says that the XJ Ultimate also gets some suspension upgrades. Power comes from a 510-hp 5.0 liter supercharged V8 mated to a 8-speed automatic.
– By: Omar Rana