As announced earlier this morning, egmCarTech has teamed up with /DRIVE to bring you more comprehensive automotive content and of course, reviews by none other than Chris Harris. To launch this new segment on egmCarTech, we start of with Chris Harris’ first drive of the new 2013 Porsche Boxster S.
Check out more news on the Porsche Boxster.
“Never before in the history of the Porsche Boxster has a change of generation been so comprehensive,” says Porsche.
The 2013 Porsche Boxster is now bigger, but lighter than before and gets a completely revamped chassis. While the base Porsche Boxster is powered by a 2.7 liter 6-cylinder making 265-hp, the new Boxster S gets a 3.4 liter 6-clyinder making a strong 315-hp.
So just how comprehensive is the change for the new Boxster and can men finally feel confident driving a girl’s Porsche? We’re going to turn it over to Chris to find out.
Hit the jump for the video.
2013 Porsche Boxster S Specifications:
- Style: Roadster.
- Drive Type: Rear-wheel-drive.
- Seating Capacity: 2.
- Base Price: $60,900.
- Engine: 3.4 liter 6-cylinder – 315-hp at 6,700 rpm / 266 lb-ft of torque at 2,900 -4,500 rpm.
- Transmission: 6-speed manual or 7-speed Porsche PDK.
- 0 to 60 mph: 4.8 seconds w/ manual, 4.7 seconds w/ PDK.
- Top Speed: 173 w/ manual, 172 w/ PDK.
- Curb Weight: 2,910 lbs w/ manual, 2,976 lbs w/PDK.
Hosted By: Chris Harris
Words By: Omar Rana