The Ford Transit has had massive success after it came over to the stateside a couple of years ago. Nissan is now trying to imitate that success with the new NV200 Compact Cargo Van that made its world debut today at the 2012 Chicago Auto Show. The Nissan NV200 Compact Cargo Van joins the full-size Nissan NV Cargo, which made its debut in spring 2011 and the full-size Nissan NV Passenger van that goes on sale this spring.
Check out more news on the 2012 Chicago Auto Show.
“There is an increasing need for a ‘right-sized’ van that optimizes cargo space while offering the best possible fuel economy and an affordable price – the exact sweet spots of the innovative new Nissan NV200,” said Joe Castelli, vice president, Nissan Commercial Vehicles and Fleet. “Businesses today, both large and small, are also looking for vehicles that represent their brands in the best light – smart, innovative, and professional. NV200 does that and much more.”
If you’v already head of the Nissan NV200 – then that’s because the van is already sold in more than 40 countries around the world and like usually – we’re the last ones to get it.
Alright let’s lay out the figures you van guys are waiting for – The Nissan NV200 Compact Cargo Van offers:
- Cargo capacity of 123 cubic feet (estimated using SAE J1100 rev 2009).
- The body has been extended 7.9 inches (200 mm) versus the models sold in other global markets. Longer body length offers additional cargo carrying capability for North American buyers (because we’re special).
- Measures 186.2 inches in overall length, on a 115.2-inch wheelbase,
- Allows for 1,500-pound (estimated) maximum payload.
- Cargo area dimension between the wheelhouses allows for loading standard U.S. 40×48-inch pallets. There are standard integrated mounting points, which and six available floor mounted cargo hooks in the cargo area.
- You can add business signage and graphics.
- Tall 40/60 split opening doors with dual opening positions (90 and 180 degrees).
- Offers ‘Mobile Office’ functionality with a center console featuring laptop/hanging file folder storage, pen/pencil tray, CD holder, and dual upholders.
- 12-volt power outlet on the instrument panel is standard, along with an available 12-volt power point in rear of center console.
- Passenger-side underseat storage tray, drive computer, battery saver feature, AM/FM/CD with auxiliary input and two front door mounted speakers.
- Optional Navigation System, Bluetooth wireless communications, XM Satellite Radio, RearView Monitor, and telematics pre-wiring (Nissan Fleet Tracker).
Power comes from a 2.0 liter 4-cylinder engine mated to at Xtronic CVT transmission. Hang on for pricing info.
- By: Omar Rana