- Key Competitors: Ford Fiesta hatchback, Mazda2, Nissan Versa 5-door hatchback, Toyota Yaris 5-door hatchback, Honda Fit, Scion xD, Kia Rio5, Hyundai Accent.
- Power: Turbocharged 1.4L Ecotec inline-4 138 hp.
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic or 5-speed manual.
- Performance: 0-60 in 8.2 seconds.
- Pricing: TBA.
- Availability: Later in 2012.
The General unveiled a new addition to the Sonic line-up at the 2012 North American International Auto Show: the 2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS. Nothing exciting really since the Sonic RS is still powered by a 138-hp Ecotec 1.4 liter turbo engine in the model that is currently available in the standard model.
What is interesting is the extra styling and mainly Chevy’s MyLink infotainment system, which is a standard feature. It should be noted that MyLink is currently not available on the standard Sonic but will be eventually down the road.
All Photos Copyright © Omar Rana – egmCarTech.
– By: Omar Rana