In today’s episode of top 10 most important things you need to know (our 7th), we take a look at a new vehicle that hasn’t even hit dealerships yet.
Let’s meet the all new 2013 Infiniti JX crossover that will go on sale early next spring.
Click here for our other Top 10 things you need to know lists.
Top 10 things you need to know about the 2013 Infiniti JX:
- The Infiniti JX is the brand’s answer to the Cadillac Escalade, Mercedes GL-Class and the Audi Q7.
- It has 5 doors (counting the access to the trunk) and can seat 7-passengers. The passengers get a total of 8 cupholders and 6 bottle holders.
- Power comes from a 3.5-liter DOHC V6 unit making 265 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 248 lb-ft of torque at 4,400 rpm.
- The 2013 Infiniti JX is available with front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive.
- Fuel-economy is estimated at 17/23 mpg (city/highway) or 19 mpg combined – EPA rating still pending.
- It has segment-leading overall passenger volume, segment-leading rear cargo volume and more 2nd and 3rd row legroom than a Cadillac Escalade.
- The JX also has one of the easiest ways to access the third row as the second row seat slides completely forward while the buttocks area moves in an upward fashion. You basically have to see it in action to know what we’re talking about. You can even access the 3rd row without removing a 2nd row child seat.
- Forget that dual-zone climate control – the Infiniti JX has Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control with a microfilter. It also has an optional Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with auto-recirculation, Grape Polyphenol Filter and Plasmacluster air purifier. A car with pure air? That’s pretty sweet.
- It will be the first Infiniti to feature the brand’s new ‘Infiniti Connection’ and ‘Infiniti Connection Plus’ services. The service includes 24-hour Automatic Crash Notification, Emergency Call, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, stolen vehicle reporting, Remote Door Lock/Unlock, Alarm Notification, Maintenance Alert, Scheduled Maintenance Notification and My Schedule (via Google Calendar).
- Prices start at $40,450 for the JX35 FWD model and $41,550 for the JX35 AWD model. Even though it doens’t go on sale until spring 2012 – you can build and reserve one right now. (Check out complete pricing details here).
Click here for more news on the Infiniti JX.
– By: Omar Rana