- Key Competitors: Honda CR-V, Volkswagen Tiguan, Subaru Forester, Toyota RAV4, Nissan Rogue.
- Power: 1.6L or 2.0L turbocharged EcoBoost four-cylinder – 175hp or 240hp.
- Transmission: Six-speed Automatic.
- Performance: TBD – but who really cares?
- Availability: Early 2012.
- Pricing: TBA.
Spawned after the Ford Vertrek Concept, the all-new fully redesigned 2013 Ford Escape made its debut today at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show.
Fully representative of Ford’s latest “Kinetic Design” that stepped up the brand’s game over in Europe, the new Escape makes the old one completely forgettable.
Click here for our original post on the 2013 Ford Escape.
Gone is the old 3.0L Duratec 30 V6 and in come two new EcoBoost four-cylinder engines that are available in either 1.6L or 2.0L form. The 1.6L produces 175hp while the 2.0L churns out 240hp.
We’re liking what we see and are looking forward to drive it.
– By: Chris Chin