Today we’re launching another new segment on egmCarTech called Top 10 things you need to know about… a certain car. The list will give you a breakdown of the ten most important things you need to know about a respective vehicle. We’re launching the segment today with the new 2012 Ferrari 458 Spider. Here we go…
Top 10 things you need to know about the 2012 Ferrari 458 Spider:
- Ferrari originally started the 458 Italia program by developing the Spider first. The 458 Spider’s aluminum retractable hardtop was the actual starting point when the brand thought of replacing the F430.
- Power comes from a 4.5L V8 producing 570-hp at 9,000 rpm with a maximum torque of 398 lb-ft at 6,000 rpm.
- 0 to 62 mph comes in just 3.4 seconds with a top speed of 198 mph – that’s 2 mph less than the coupe.
- It weighs just 3,153 pounds.
- It features a dual-clutch, 7-speed F1 transmission.
- Fuel-economy comes in at an estimated 19.9 mpg.
- The 458 Spider is a hard-top convertible with a top made of aluminum, offering a weight reduction of 25 kg (55 pounds).
- The top comes down in just 14 seconds.
- The top was engineered to fit ahead of the engine bay without compromising aerodynamics or the performance of the car.
- Prices start at $257,000.
Click here for more news on the Ferrari 458 Italia.
– By: Omar Rana