Chrysler Group’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT) confirmed today that the Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR lapped the Nurburgring Nordschleife in just 7:12.13 – recapturing the title as the top three fastest cars to circle the famed track.
“With no 2011 model-year Dodge Viper cars being produced, SRT joined forces with the Viper Club of America and the ViperExchange by Tomball Dodge team from Tomball, Texas, which supplied two brand-new 2010 Dodge Viper ACR’s off their showroom floor for the record-setting effort,” Chrysler said in a statement.
Click here for more news on the Dodge Viper.
“We’re extremely proud to set the lap record for a second time at the famed Nürburgring Nordschleife,” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO – SRT Brand and Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC. “Our team returned to Germany knowing we’d left some time on the track when we set our first lap record, so this effort shows the incredible depth and capability the Viper ACR has by running a full 10 seconds faster than we did in 2008.”
The Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR was driven by GT driver Dominik Farnbacher (on Sept. 14), who was secured by ViperExchange team owner and longtime Viper enthusiast Ben Keating.
Hit the jump for the video.
Here’s how the Nurburgring track times rank right now.
- Radical SR8 LM: 6:48 (Aug. 2009).
- Radical SR8: 6:55 (Sept. 2005).
- Gumpert Apollo Speed: 7:11.5 (Aug. 2009).
- Dodge Viper ACR: 7:12.13 (Sep. 2011).
- Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition: 7:14 (Sep. 2011).
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS: 7:18 (Apr. 2010).
- 2012 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1: 7:19.63 (Jun. 2011).
- Dodge Viper ACR: 7:22.1 (Aug. 2008).
- 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06: 7:22.68 (Jun. 2011).
- Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition: 7:22.85 (Jun. 2011).
- Porsche 911 GT2 RS: 7:24 (Nov. 2010).
- 2012 Nissan GT-R: 7:24.22 (Oct. 2010).
- Maserati MC12: 7:24.3 (Aug. 2008).
- Pagani Zonda F Clubsport: 7:24.44 (Aug. 2008).
- Ferrari Enzo: 7:25.7 (Aug. 2008).
- Ferrari 458 Italia: 7:32.02 (Nov. 2010).
- Koenigsegg CCX: 7:33.6 (Aug. 2008).
- Koenigsegg CCR: 7:34 (Oct. 2005).
- Lexus LFA: 7:38 (Sept. 2010).
The Viper ACR holds benchmark lap times at the following road courses:
Autobahn Country Club, Joliet, Ill. 2:37.70
Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow, Calif. 1:55.70
Gingerman Raceway (1.88-mile original course), South Haven, Mich. 1:26.70
Grattan Raceway, Belding, Mich. 1:22.70
Laguna Seca Raceway, Salinas, Calif. 1:33.90
Miller Motorsport Park (3.05-mile outer loop), Tooele, Utah 1:59.90
Monticello Motor Club, Monticello, N.Y. 2:26.37
MotorSport Ranch (3.1-mile full course), Cresson, Texas 2:19.00
Nelson Ledges Road Course, Garrettsville, Ohio 1:08.90
New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, N.J. 1:28.08
No Problem Raceway, Belle Rose, La. 1:16.90
Nürburgring Nordschleife, Nürburg, Germany 7:12.13
Putnam Park, Mount Meridian, Ind. 1:12.60
Sebring Full Course, Sebring, Fla. 2:19.47
Spring Mountain (2.2-mile layout), Pahrump, Nev. 1:45.40
Texas World Speedway, College Station, Texas 1:47.56
Top Gear USA (El Toro), Irvine, Calif. 1:22.00
Virginia International Raceway (3.27-mile full course), Alton, Va. 2:00.63
Willow Springs Raceway, Rosamond, Calif. 1:26.00
– By: Omar Rana