BMW announced today that it is offering two Power Kit packages for BMW 135i and BMW 335i owners.
Version 1 Power Kit $599: Performance-Optimized Engine Software. This version of the Power Kit was first introduced on the 335i BMW Performance Edition model (announced in July, 2011). Available for all Model Year 135i and 335i vehicles. Also available for X6 vehicles produced up to 04/2010.
Version 2 Power Kit $1,199: Same engine performance software as Version 1, plus an Auxiliary Water Cooler and an Enhanced Radiator Fan to reduce the higher thermal stresses on the engine during extreme driving. Available for all Model Year 135i and 335i vehicles.
The special introductory price on all Power Kits is available from now until the end of 2011.
Power Kit Highlights:
- Horsepower is increased to 320hp (20hp increase).
- Torque is increased to 332 lb-ft (when equipped with an automatic transmission) and 317 lb-ft (when equipped with a manual or DCT transmission).
- 0.2 seconds faster than the standard 335i model from 0 mph to 60 mph.
- 0.5 seconds faster than the standard 335i model from 50 mph to 75 mph.
- “Exhaust burble” sound during engine overrun conditions (new feature).
– By: Omar Rana