Tired of high gasoline prices? NADAguides is here to help with their Most Fuel Efficient Vehicles list, which was established to assist consumers in determining the most fuel efficient vehicles for current model vans, wagons, sedans, luxuries, coupes, sports cars, SUVs, trucks and hybrids.
“With four vehicles from Volkswagen named to the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient Vehicles, the manufacturer dominated the list – the Jetta Sportwagen in the wagon and the sports car categories, and the Golf and Jetta Sedan in the sedan category,” NADAguides said.
The Audi A3 was named the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient Vehicles in the sedan, luxury and sports car categories, while Ford, Honda, Kia, Nissan, Toyota, and Smart each had two models included.
“The national average fuel price is currently at $3.85 per gallon and with that in mind, our analysts continue to provide information to help consumers find vehicles, across all body styles, offering the most fuel economy within each category,” said Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides. “Consumer will find comfort knowing that there is a model or two available across all body style segments that offers a combined MPG of at least 23 miles per gallon.”
Hit the jump for the whole list.
Most Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Crossover – For consumers looking to downsize from a full-size SUV but still take advantage of the space and features a larger vehicle offers, these fuel efficient crossovers can get the job done. In the crossover category there are three vehicles named to the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient Vehicles list, each offering 25 MPG combined:
- Van – Capable of handling both utility and convenience, vans have evolved over the years to offer both style and practicality. In the van category there are two vehicles named to the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient Vehicles list, each offering 23 MPG combined:
- Wagon – Wagons are a great alternative to the crossover vehicle and perfect for those still needing the space but craving additional fuel efficiency. Two vehicles were named NADAguides’ Most Fuel Efficient wagons, offering 35 and 32 MPG combined:
- Sedan – Sedans continue to be the leading vehicle category of choice for consumers, offering the perfect amount of seating and trunk space and also the most diversity on the market. In the sedan category there are three vehicles named to the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient Vehicles list, each offering 35 MPG combined:
- Luxury – Offering performance, comfort, style and plush amenities, luxury vehicles are the perfect vehicle category to meet the consumers needs and desires in one prestigious car. Two vehicles stood out as the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient luxury vehicles, offering 35 and 29 MPG combined:
- 2011 Audi A3 4 dr HB S Tronic FrontTrak 2.0 TDI Premium – 35 MPG combined, $30,250 MSRP
- 2011 BMW 3 Series 4 dr Sdn 335d RWD – 29 MPG combined, $44,150 MSRP
- Coupe – Great for long commutes or a weekend car for windy road trips, coupes are smaller in size and offer consumers increased fuel efficiency. In the coupe category there are two vehicles named to the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient Vehicles list, each offering 37 MPG combined:
- Sports Cars – Fun to drive and performance enhanced sports cars are perfect for consumers looking to turn heads as they speed by. Three vehicles stood out as the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient sports cars, offering 37 and 35 MPG combined:
- 2011 Smart fortwo 2 dr Cabriolet Passion – 37 MPG combined, $17,690 MSRP
- 2011 Audi A3 4 dr HB S tronic FrontTrak 2.0 TDI Premium Plus – 35 MPG combined, $30,250 MSRP
- 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen 4 dr DSG TDI – 35 MPG combined, $26,095 MSRP
- SUV – With off-road capabilities, space to stow tons of gear , towing capability and more, the SUV is a utility vehicle that still offers the comfort and conveniences for everyday use. In the SUV category there are two vehicles named to the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient Vehicles list, each offering 28 MPG combined:
- Truck – Trucks are a great selection for the consumer who needs to haul, tow and work hard. Two vehicles stood out as the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient trucks, offering 24 and 23 MPG combined:
- Hybrid – Offering convenience and environmental responsibility, fuel efficiency is the priority with hybrid vehicles. Two vehicles stood out as the NADAguides Most Fuel Efficient hybrids, offering 50 and 47 MPG combined:
– By: Omar Rana