2012 Hyundai Genesis price starts at $34,200, $46,500 for Genesis 5.0 R-Sec
As you read this, the 2012 Hyundai Genesis sedan is headed to dealers with a price tag of $34,200 for the 333-hp V6 2012 Genesis 3.8 and $44,500 for the 385-hp V8 2012 Genesis 4.6. The top-of-the-line 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec model will start at $46,500.
- 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8: 3.8-liter GDI DOHC V6 with Dual CVVT with 333-hp and 291 lb-ft of torque; fuel-economy comes in at 18/29 mpg (city/highway).
- 2012 Hyundai Genesis 4.6: 4.6-liter DOHC V8 with 385-hp and 333 lb-ft of torque; fuel-economy rated at 17/26 mpg.
- 2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec: 5.0-liter GDI DOHC V8 with 429-hp and 376 lb-ft of torque; fuel-economy rating comes in at 16/25 mpg.
All 2012 Hyundai Genesis models are mated to a 8-speed automatic transmission which is smoother and 6 percent more efficient over the former 6-speed. All 8-speed transmissions will include SHIFTRONIC manual shift capability.
You can check out more details on packages and options in the pricing sheet posted after the jump.
HYUNDAI ANNOUNCES 2012 GENESIS SEDAN PRICING
New 5.0-liter V8 R-Spec Model, Enhanced Direct Injection V6 Engine and New Eight-Speed Transmission Improve Driving Dynamics and Refinement
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CALIF., 05/25/2011 – Hyundai Motor America has announced prices for its refreshed 2012 Genesis sports sedan, starting at $34,200 for a well-equipped 333-horsepower V6 and $46,500 for the new 429-horsepower 5.0 R-Spec model. The 2012 Genesis is on sale now.
2012 GENESIS MANUFACTURERS SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICING:
|Genesis 3.8||3.8-liter GDI V6||8-speed A/T with SHIFTRONIC||$34,200|
|Genesis 4.6||4.6-liter V8||8-speed A/T with SHIFTRONIC||$44,500|
|Genesis 5.0 R-Spec||5.0-liter V8||8-speed A/T with SHIFTRONIC||$46,500|
The 2012 Genesis is highlighted by exterior design improvements, new direct injection technology for its Lambda V6 engine, new eight-speed automatic transmission, and enhanced chassis tuning. In addition, a new 5.0-liter direct injection V8 engine is now available exclusively with the 5.0 R-Spec model, which includes unique 19-inch machined-finish alloy wheels, optional Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position summer performance tires, and sport-tuned transmission, suspension and steering calibrations for exhilarating vehicle dynamics.
While these powertrain upgrades are meaner, the Genesis is also greener in an era of uncertain gas prices. For example, the heart of the Genesis 5.0 R-Spec model is a new Tau V8 engine, producing 429 horsepower at 6,400 rpm and 376 lb. ft. of torque at 5,000 rpm. This new Tau V8 represents the most powerful Hyundai engine ever, with a higher specific output (85.8 hp/liter) than its normally-aspirated premium luxury competitors. Even with this impressive power increase, fuel economy is estimated at 16 mpg city and 25 mpg highway, nearly matching the 4.6-liter V8 (17 mpg city/26 mpg highway). In keeping with its 5.0-liter V8 sibling, the Genesis 3.8-liter Lambda engine will receive direct injection (GDI) technology, boosting its output 15 percent from 290 to 333 horsepower, an impressive gain of 43 horsepower with no increase in displacement. In addition, peak torque rises from 264 lb.-ft. to 291 lb.-ft., a generous increase of 27 lb.-ft. from the same 3.8 liters. This new direct-injected Lambda V6 produces a higher specific output (87.6 hp/liter) than its normally-aspirated mid-luxury competitors, while 3.8-liter GDI fuel economy increases more than seven percent from 27 mpg to 29 mpg on the highway.
CHASSIS REFINEMENT FOR 3.8 AND 4.6 MODELS
Always seeking to enhance the Genesis driving experience, Hyundai engineers have made further refinements to the 3.8 and 4.6 model suspension damping calibrations. These precise adjustments serve to minimize the traditional compromises between handling precision and ride comfort. In addition, body roll control for the 3.8 model is enhanced, with the rear stabilizer bar diameter increasing from 17 mm to 18 mm.
Not content to rest on its laurels, Hyundai’s design team has sought to make a great Genesis exterior design even better for 2012. For the front view, the grille has been enhanced, a more aggressive front fascia with larger intake openings was developed, and the headlights have been redesigned, adding LED accents and daytime running lights (DRLs). From the side view, the standard 17-inch alloy wheel design has been freshened and the rocker panels have been refined. In addition, the mirrors now incorporate optional puddle lamps, while the side window surround now receives a decidedly sporty brushed aluminum finish. From the rear view, the taillights have been redesigned and new dual asymmetrical exhaust tips are more cleanly integrated with a new bumper fascia.
NEW SAFETY TECHNOLOGIES
For 2012, Genesis adds daytime running lamps to all models. Further, Genesis offers a newly developed Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), available on the 3.8 Technology package, 4.6 and 5.0 R-Spec models. Braking is also improved on both the 3.8 and 4.6 models. The 3.8 model front rotor size increases from 12.6 inches to 13.0 inches, while adding higher performance 4-piston brake calipers, and the 4.6 model front brake rotors increase from 13.0 inches to 13.6 inches for greater fade resistance.
NEW TECHNOLOGY AND FEATURES
Genesis 3.8 Standard Equipment
2012 Genesis will also increase its impressive list of standard equipment, adding headlight LED accents and daytime running lights (DRLs) and outside mirror puddle lamps.
Genesis 3.8 Premium Package
The 3.8 Premium Package will now offer newly developed power-folding outside mirrors. For 2012, the 3.8 Premium package will also include rearview camera, DVD navigation system with seven-inch touchscreen, XM NavTraffic, and 18-inch Hyper Silver split-spoke alloy wheels.
Genesis 3.8 Technology Package
The 3.8 Technology package will continue to satisfy tech-savvy buyers, adding a Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), thin-film-transistor LCD gauge cluster readout and heated rear seats.
Genesis 3.8 Standard Features
- 3.8-liter GDI DOHC V6 with Dual CVVT with 333HP
- Eight-speed automatic with SHIFTRONIC®
- Front & rear independent five-link suspension
- SACHS® Amplitude Selective Damping (ASD) shock absorbers
- 17-inch alloy wheels with P225/55R17 tires
- Four-wheel disc brakes with Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS) and Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Advanced dual front airbags with Occupant Classification System (OCS), front and rear seat-mounted side-impact airbags, and roof-mounted side-curtain airbags
- Electronic active front head restraints
- Automatic headlights with Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Headlight LED accents / Fog lights
- Acoustic laminated windshield and front windows
- Heated dual power outside mirrors with turn signal indicators and puddle lamps
- Leather seating surfaces with Power and heated front seats
- Power windows with front auto-down/up with pinch protection
- Electroluminescent gauge cluster
- Proximity key with push-button start
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with tilt
- Steering-wheel-mounted cruise control and Audio controls
- Dual automatic temperature control
- Electrochromic auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with compass
- HomeLink® integrated transceiver
- AM/FM/XM®/CD/MP3 audio system with 7 speakers
- iPod®/USB and MP3 auxiliary input jacks
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system
- Carpeted floor mats
3.8 Premium Package (02) MSRP: $4,800
- Power tilt-and-slide glass sunroof
- Tailored leather-wrapped dash and door trim inserts
- Integrated memory system (IMS)
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel
- Power rear sunshade
- Rain-sensing wipers with auto defogger windshield
- Lexicon® 14-speaker surround sound audio
- DVD Navigation system with7-inch touchscreen display
- XM NavTraffic® with 90-day trial
- 18-inch Hyper Silver split-spoke alloy wheels with 235/50R18 V-Let Michelin tires
- Rearview camera
- Power-folding outside mirrors
|3.8 Technology Package (03) MSRP: $4,000
REQUIRES Premium Package
Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
Port Installed Options Suggested Retail
– By: Omar Rana