- Key Competitors: Audi R8, BMW M6, Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG, Porsche 911 Turbo.
- Power: 5.0L supercharged V8 – 550-hp / 502 lb-ft.
- 0 to 60 mph: 4.2 seconds.
- Top Speed: 186 mph.
- Prices: TBA.
After making its world debut at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show, the 2012 Jaguar XKR-S landed in NYC today to make its North American debut. The limited-production Jaguar XKR-S is the first Jaguar to enter the 186 mph cub making it a very significant model for the brand to shape itself as an attractive brand to younger shoppers with a lot of money.
Click here for more news on the Jaguar XK.
Featuring revised design cues and new optional packages that emphasize luxury and personality, the new XK lineup looks sexier than ever. Right next to the updated XK was the flagship XKR-S, which boasts a 5.0L Supercharged AJ-V8 good for 550 hp and 502 lb-ft of torque. The result is, as near as makes no difference, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. To further separate the XK-RS from the standard XK, the RS receives dramatic bodywork that also aids in performance cutting weight.
2012 Jaguar XK Coupe and Convertible
- Revised sporting GT with dramatic design enhancements
- New option packages emphasize luxury and sporting personality
- US debut of the 550HP, 186mph XKR-S
- XKR receives styling upgrades that further differentiates it from other XK models
Hit the jump for the high-res image gallery from the auto show floor.
All Photos Copyright © 2011 Nikolina Kostrevski – egmCarTech.
2012 Jaguar XKR-S:
– By: Omar Rana