Subcompact vehicles are starting to be accepted on a global basis. Mitsubishi announced today that it will hold the world premiere of its new Global Small vehicle at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show in March.
Mitsubishi said that the “Concept Global Small (show model), a concept car based on the features of ‘compact’, ‘affordability’, and ‘high fuel efficiency’.”
The Japanese automaker said that the concept model is planned for production in March of 2012 at the MMC’s new third factory in Thailand.
Here are some features of the Mitsubishi Concept Global Small (as stated by Mitsubishi):
- Usage of an idling stop mechanism
- A 1.0 – 1.2L class compact engine equipped with a regenerative braking system
- Weight trimming to the most complex parts
- Reduced running resistance in the engine, new-generation CVT, brakes, and tyres
- A body shape that greatly reduces aerodynamic resistance.
– By: Omar Rana