Pandora to find its way into your car very soon, find out which cars (will) offer it…
At the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, many automakers revealed the application of Pandora in vehicles. The Pandora internet-radio service has more than 75 million registered users and more than 50 million downloads for its app on smartphones.
At CES, Pandora and Toyota announced that they will provide the popular personalized internet radio service in Toyota’s Entune multimedia system. The service is already offered on Ford’s AppLink system. So will Pandora stop taking over in-vehicle radio with just Ford and Toyota? Not at all, the Pandora services is also available on Hyundai’s new Blue Link system and much more
Here is a list of current in-car infotainment systems that support Pandora capability.
- Hyundai Blue Link: Hyundai Blue Link will launch next year on majority of 2013 model year vehicles.
- Ford SYNC AppLink: Available on the 2011 Ford Edge, Ford Explorer, Ford Fiesta, Lincoln MKX.
- GM Vehicles: Available on 2012 Buick Verano.
- Mini Connected: Available on new Mini models and will eventually be offered on BMW models.
- Pandora/Pioneer: Pioneer and Pandora have teamed up to offer the internet radio service on a new in-car device by Pioneer that runs for $1,200.
- Toyota Entune: Toyota offers the largest number of mobile apps with Bing, iheartradio, MovieTickets.com, OpenTable.com, and Pandora. Toyota Entune will be available as an option on select models this year.
- You can always… use your iPod Touch or iPhone if it Syncs seamlessly with your car.
- Of course, if you think we missed anything here you can add onto the list in the comments section after the jump…
– By: Omar Rana