While Ford has yet to release any details on the next 2012 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet, a Ford Dealer in Puerto Rico has leaked specs on the upcoming model.
Power for the 2012 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet comes from 5.4L DOHC supercharged engine making 430-hp mated to a 3-speed C4 Auto Race Transmission. According to the leaked specs, Ford has improved the low-drag racing brakes, rear suspension, revised and optimized spring rates front and rear and added optional colors including Race Red, Grabber Blue, and Winner White.
Check out the leaked specs after the jump.
New for 2012 Model Year:
* Revised 5.4L supercharged engine – different specifications/rating than 2008/2010 model
* Aluminum engine block
* Double keyed crankshaft snout
* Manley H-beam rods
* Improved low-drag racing brakes – Strange Engineering
* Improved rear suspension w/revised rear upper control arm and lower control arm mounts
* Revised and optimized spring rates front and rear
* New design black anodized Cobra Jet wheels – Weld Racing
* Goodyear tires – all new DR compound – Cobra Jet branded
* Brake pedal 2-step switch (micro)
* Optional colors – Race Red, Grabber Blue, and Winner White – no additional charge
* 430hp 5.4L DOHC supercharged engine (aluminum block)
* 2.3L TVS Supercharger with twin 65mm dual bore throttle body
* 3-Speed C4 Auto Race Transmission – Joel’s on Joy
* 9? rear axle w/4.29:1 Axle Ratio – Strange Engineering
* NHRA Stock Eliminator legal interior
* 8.50et NHRA certified roll cage
* Estimated weight of 3,200 lbs
* Cobra Jet trim and appearance package
* Drag race wheel/tire combination (Rear Tire 30.0 x 9.0)
* Cobra Jet spring/adjustable damper tuning
* Light-weight, low-drag brakes (manual)
* Red (M-FR500-CJ12R)
* Grabber Blue (M-FR500-CJ12B)
* Winner White (M-FR500-CJ12W)
Optional Graphics Package:
* MSRP: $1,995.00
* Includes: Powered-By-Ford fender emblems, Sweeping Snake side graphics, 5.4 Cobra Jet hood graphics, Ford Racing windshield header decal, Ford oval front fascia decals, Ford oval license plate decal, FR500CJ decklid decal.
* Optional graphics may be unique to Cobra Jet body color.
Optional 4.0L Supercharger upgrade – M-6066-SCJ:
* MSRP: $9,995.00
* Step up to the most powerful combination in NHRA Super Stock. The 500hp 4.0L supercharged 2010 Cobra Jet has delivered mid-8 et’s, Class champions, divisional race winners and national records all in its first year on track!
* Ford Racing offers their exclusive upgrade kit to the base 2012 Cobra Jet for the racer looking to perform at the highest levels of NHRA Super Stock Competition.
* Kit includes supercharger, billet throttle-body, complete inlet system with 140mm billet mass-air housing, installation instructions, and exclusive Ford Racing race-ready calibration.
* Final horsepower rating TBD, rating will differ from 500hp 2010 model.
* 4.0L Supercharger upgrade is delivered separately and must be installed by the end user.
– By: Omar Rana
Source: Mi Casa Ford