The 2012 Range Rover Evoque coupe made its debut at the 2010 Paris Motor Show as model that would cut down Land Rover’s overall fleet consumption and attract more younger buyers to the brand. However, what if you like the styling of the Evoque but need extra room for your family? Meet the Range Rover Evoque 5-door.
While it’s yet to be confirmed by Land Rover, power for the 5-door version of the Evoque is likely to come from the same 2.0L 4-cylinder turbocharged Ford EcoBoost making 240-hp mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. Like the coupe, the 5-door Range Rover Evoque will be available in four- and front-wheel-drive configurations. Both Range Rover Evoque models feature Adaptive Dynamics featuring MagneRide and Land Rover’s Terrain Response technology.
The Range Rover Evoque models will be sold in 160 countries worldwide, with deliveries to start from fall 2011. We’re not sure if models will be sold in the United States, but we’ll let you know as soon as we find out.
Hit the jump for the press release, high-res gallery and a video.
2012 Range Rover Evoque 5-door:
COUPÃ‰ STYLE WITH FAMILY VERSATILITY
- Addition of exciting 5-Door bodystyle to Range Rover Evoque line-up
- Combines concept car design with extra versatility and family appeal
- Bold exterior captures coupÃ© design, with the same compact footprint but a slightly higher roofline
- Class-leading sustainability with sub 135g/km CO2 emissions and fuel efficiency
- Four-wheel-drive and front-wheel-drive versions available
- Premium cabin, with the enhanced space and practicality of the 5-Door format
- Versatility and luggage space of a compact station wagon
- Dynamic and agile handling across all terrains, aided by Adaptive Dynamics featuring MagneRide™
- Class-leading all-surface capability with Land Rover Terrain Response™
- Innovative Range Rover technologies, including dual-view display for 8-inch touch-screen and Surround Camera System
- Sold in 160 countries worldwide, with deliveries from summer 2011
- Indicative pricing starting from £30,000 / 35,000E
- The exciting 5-Door version of the all-new Range Rover Evoque makes its global public debut at the 2010 Los Angeles Auto Show on November 17, 2010.
With its stylish and sporting appearance, enhanced by extra practicality and greater family appeal, the 5-Door Range Rover Evoque joins the stunning coupÃ© model to create a highly desirable line-up that will transform the premium compact SUV segment.
Like the coupÃ©, the 5-Door Range Rover Evoque remains faithful to the spirit of the groundbreaking Land Rover LRX concept car, offering an innovative new interpretation of the original cross-coupÃ© design.
The 5-Door Evoque also stays true to the core values of the Range Rover brand, providing premium levels of craftsmanship, luxury, performance and renowned Land Rover all-terrain capability, but in a more compact package.
“The addition of the 5-Door to the Range Rover Evoque line-up extends the appeal of our brand still further,” said Land Rover”s Managing Director Phil Popham.
“While retaining everything that”s great about the Range Rover Evoque coupÃ©, this new 5-Door bodystyle will offer customers even more choice, greater practicality, versatility and flexibility. The launch of the Evoque in 2011 will expand and revitalise the global appeal of the Range Rover marque.”
– By: Omar Rana