Wondering how an “unlimited potential for sports car modification” looks on the “worlds best-selling hybrid vehicle”? Yeah, neither were we but the Conversions and Accessories group at Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan was and ended up creating the Prius C&A Custom Concept.
The model is sitting around Toyota’s display at the 2010 SEMA Show in Vegas and is attracting some attentions with its Mystic Lavender exterior and lightweight carbon fiber body kit. The kit consists of aero side skirts with vertical spoilers, front bumper and fender flares, large air intakes, the engine hood, roof, rear hatch, rear spoiler, rear bumper with vertical spoiler, and rear garnish. Other touches include an outside mirror CCD camera system, smoked rear combination lamp with a translucent rear side spoiler, styled exhaust tip and front and rear lighted Toyota badging.
The Toyota Prius C&A Custom Concept rolls on 18-inch, forged wheels with aluminum aero rings, wrapped with Goodyear Eagle Revspec RS-02 215/40R18 eco sport tires. A sport suspension by TIEN lowers the Prius concept by four inches in the front and six inches in the rear.
Besides some Alacantara, the interior of the Toyota Prius C&A Custom Concept features a “G” output gauge on the instrument panel… and yeah, we’re pretty much done with this… moving on.
Refresher: Power for the 2011 Toyota Prius continues to come from a 1.8L 4-cylinder engine making 98-hp / 105 lb-ft of torque. Total output with hybrid system – 134-hp. That allows for 0-60 mph to come in 9.8 seconds with a top speed of 112 mph. EPA-rated fuel-economy comes in at 51/48 mpg.
Toyota Prius C&A Custom Concept:
Toyota Prius C&A Custom Concept Features:
• Carbon fiber hood, roof, back door, rear spoiler, aero side skirt with vertical spoiler, rear bumper with vertical spoiler front bumper, front fender flares, rear garinsh
• 18-inch forged wheel with aluminum-made aero ring
• Goodyear Eagle Revspec RS-02-215/40R18 tires
• Styled exhaust tip
• Lighted front and rear Toyota badging
• Door mirror CCD camera system
• Smoked rear combination lamp
• Translucent rear side spoiler on rear combination lamp
• Mystic Lavender body color
• Alcantara (simulated suede) steering wheel
• Aluminum shift knob with Alcantara suede
• Instrument panel gauge supplement includes “G” meter, output meter, mileage, water thermometer, and voltmeter
• Black interior with Alcantara suede trim on ceiling, “A” and “B” pillar, door trim, rear seat, and console box
• Driver and passenger RECARO seats with embroidered C&A logo
• DENSO navigation system with ECO display functions including motor, engine and total kilowatt output, steering angle (0 to +450 degrees), speed, accelerator open angle, mileage
• TEIN lowered sport suspension (four inches in front; six inches in rear)
– By: Zain Haq