2010 SEMA: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SSX Concept shows closed-course track car
One of the four Camaros to show up at the 2010 SEMA Show in Vegas includes the Chevrolet Camaro SSX Track Car Concept, which shows how the Camaro would look if it is transformed from a street SS model into a closed-course track car. The show car was constructed with some input from Pratt and Miller, Chevrolet partner in Corvette Racing, and Riley Technologies using parts proven in the Grand Am racing series.
“The SSX concept explores taking Camaro”s excellent street performance and extending it into a road course context,” said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. “The car expresses Camaro performance while also signaling Chevrolet”s new commitment to developing and offering a portfolio of performance parts for racing enthusiasts.”
Click here for more news on the Chevrolet Camaro.
Exterior modifications include carbon fiber aero parts ““ front splitter and adjustable rear wing ““ lightweight carbon fiber body panels (used to reduce weight), revised lower grille and unique brake cooling ducts. Also helping in weight reduction is the removal of the production car”s sound-deadening material, carpeting and rear seat.
The Chevrolet Camaro SSX Track Car Concept features a low-gloss Icy White Metallic exterior paint with the carbon aero parts, door graphics/racing number and red details. it also rides on dedicated track wheels and tires.
Follow the jump for the vehicle highlights.
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SSX Track Car Concept:
Chevrolet Camaro SSX Track Car Concept Vehicle Highlights:
- Icy White Metallic color with red accents and door graphics
- Carbon fiber hood, fenders, door and deck lid
- Exposed carbon fiber front splitter, rockers and adjustable rear wing
- Unique lower grille and brake ducts
- Carpeting, sound deadener and rear seat deleted
- Ace suede-covered racing steering wheel and shifter
- SCCA-approved roll cage and window net
- Racing driver”s seat with five-point harness
- Racing pedals
- Fire suppression system
- Fuel cell
- Video camera system mounted on the roll cage
- LS3 6.2L V-8 enhanced with Chevrolet Performance Parts” camshaft, cylinder heads and dry-sump oiling system
- Production six-speed manual transmission with Corvette ZR1 twin-disc clutch
- Low-restriction air induction and exhaust systems
- Four-wheel disc racing brake system with six-piston front/four-piston rear calipers and drilled and slotted rotors
- Modified production suspension with Pfadt licensed components
- 20-inch racing wheels and tires
– By: Omar Rana